CHAPTER 27: A New Business Deal

LIZETTE

Today was the day of the meeting and although I had begun feeling a little bit nervous while on our way out the door, I just took in a few deep breaths and then once we were on our way, all the nerves I even had went away the moment Jameson held my hand and reassured me I had this.

The moment we arrived at a nice local  restaurant where he wanted us to meet him at, while walking towards his table and seeing a few of his men standing around him except for others that stood in each corner surrounding us.

Guilliano was just as I had imagined in the back of my head - soredove.

He had a receding hairline, a goatee, short and stocky build and looked more like a Godfather. However, I didn't let that intimidate me. Those days are over.

When him and his men looked at me and Jameson, they smirked at Jameson then looked at me surprised yet, Guilliano quickly began giving me a half smile as if he was intrigued.

"Guilliano." I greeted him.

"Brave girl." He remarks.

"Should we get started?" I asked, cutting straight to the point.

"I like that." He smiles at me while Jameson and I take a seat.

"Now, I'm going to get right to the point. I have suggested this meeting to reassure you not only that doing business with Jameson is the ONLY way to get what you want without any consequences, but also to let you know that doing business with Maloney is not something that will benefit you on the end." I started.

"And why do you say that? Believe me, I do know how great it is in doing business with Mr. Jameson here but do keep in mind, I don't see how you could convince me to not trust Maloney when for the past few deliveries from Jameson, things fell through. I've heard it was MOSTLY because he was distracted." He says.

"The fact that I am with Jameson does not change the years of business you have done with him and trusted him. You know his worth. And it wasn't that he was distracted, it was because of Maloney interfering with his deliveries." I state.

He looks at Jameson and then back at me.

"And how am I supposed to believe that?!" He asks.

"Because I have been with Maloney for a few years now. I have seen his transactions and I have learned just how good he is at manipulating. Not to mention that I can more than double what he has offered you this last time." I assure him with a glare and my arms folded over my chest.

Guilliano and his men break out in laughter before I make them go silent the moment I have Jameson pull out the bag I had stolen from Maloney's closet and drop it onto the table.

Guilliano and all of his men stop and look at the bag for a moment before back at Jameson and I.

"Open the bag." He tells me.

I smile a little and start to unzip the bag and open it up enough to expose the stacks of money.

"How much is there?" He asks.

"$55 million even in unmarked bills. I heard he gave you twenty million and a thirty percent revenue for doing business with him. Now, what I have there, I plan to give you all of that and offer you a forty percent revenue in doing business again with Jameson. Also, a guarantee in products. Because unlike Jameson, Maloney is all talk and he is great at manipulating and in the end you would have been humiliated."

He looks at me for a few moments and then he looks at Jameson.

"And what are your thoughts? Or do you have your girl do all the talking for you now?!" He smirks.

"This is her business transaction. She isn't necessarily speaking for me but simply explaining to you things that I know you never would have believed me on. And no disrespect but if you refuse what she is offering you here, you will repeat something that happened to you before you started doing business with me." Jameson smiles at him.

It takes a while before Guilliano replies but one of his guys bends over and lowly says something in his ear making Guilliano's face expression become more relaxed now before looking back at us both and then downs the last of his drink and looks at the bag then at me and smiles.

"Alright. If you say that Maloney is no good then, I guess I have no choice but to return back to doing business with you again." He says. "However, I want more than forty percent."

Jameson and I look at one another for a brief moment and although I can tell he isn't too thrilled, I let him know it will be better than nothing with the reassuring smile I give him. In which then makes him smile.

"We will give you 41 percent." I begin to negotiate.

"50 percent." He states.

"42 percent." I waste no time in replying immediately.

"50 percent." He repeats more firmly.

"45 percent. Take it or leave it." I fire back at him more assertively.

"Listen, as much as I admire your bravery and know that you are new to this, you are playing with the big boys now, you have no idea in who I am or what all I can do." He tries threatening me.

I lean forward towards him over the table and make sure she understands that he doesn't scare me.

"That's where you are mistaken. I have seen enough things and have even done things that you yourself never could have imagined in doing. Not to mention that I know you don't want to have your money be put in the wrong hands. Besides, you and I both know that you never have been offered nor EVER will be offered anything remotely secure or close to this amount." I finish.

While sitting back in my seat waiting for him to answer and not let down my guard or stop eye contact, he soon enough smiles and laughs a little before holding out his hand.

"Okay, you've got yourself a deal." He says.

"Good." I smiled at him.

We shook hands as he did with Jameson as well then he had one of his men grab the bag of cash while Jameson and I stood up to get ready to leave when Guilliano paid me a compliment.

"I like you kid. You are beautiful and smart. Good for you. Look forward to doing business with you both." He says.

"You as well." I replied.

Well, this could be the start of something good I suppose.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)