CHAPTER 13: What Does He Care?!?

LIZETTE

If he thinks for one second that I am going to give him the satisfaction in having him believe that I am not mad with him for not speaking to me for the past several days, he is going to be sadly disappointed when he finds out otherwise.

I mean, come the hell on! Now, as much as I appreciate him caring all of a sudden, I am over it. I am over him and everyone else. I finally have made my escape after nearly escaping death with those assholes I was left with to protect me, from this morning, and since I also stole Maloney's money, I need to leave ASAP where nobody will find me.

Maybe go on a cruise. Yeah, they wouldn't suspect me doing that. Who would?!?

I avoided eye contact with him although I could feel a hole being burned on the side of my face from Jameson still staring at me outside and when I looked out the corner of my eye, he seemed to be getting upset, but I didn't care. He could leave and I would just walk or something into town to the nearest bus stop.

Then the next thing I saw was him walk around to the passenger side of the car, bent down to make eye contact with me and smiled mischievously. He better not try anything like breaking in because.....then right before I could even finish that thought, the bastard kicked in the window, shattering the glass all over my bags in the front seat and nearly in my eyes (if I hadn't covered up my face before shards of glass could get the chance).

I next step out to confront him and before I had the chance to get a word out, he walked over to me already in front of the car and he picked me up then tossed me over his shoulder and spanked my ass causing me to yelp as I began kicking and screaming for him to put me down.

He placed me into the backseat of his car and told one of the guys in the front to grab my bags and place them into the trunk before heading back towards their house.

He had some type of childproof type lock on the inside as I wasn't able to open the door or unlock it myself. What the hell?!

"Let me out!" I tell him.

"No. Now calm down and relax. We'll be home shortly and you can explain to me over lunch why you have ended up on the side of the road while running away." He laughs a little.

"You are an asshole!" I tell him frustrated and look out the window as I cross my arms over my chest, throughout the rest of the ride.

He thinks he is so cute and charming. Well, it won't work with me. He needs to mind his own damn business and not try to play any of these bullshit games. One minute he makes it sound like he is interested and then the next, no, then days later he is again interested- talk about ANNOYING!

After pulling up to the house, everybody got out except for me and that is when I heard the door slam beside me before seconds later, my door was opened by Jameson.

"You have two seconds to quit acting like a child and to get out of the car and into the house before I do it."

I continue to not reply or look at him and then I hear him say "okay" before reaching in to get me and that's when I push him off and get out myself.

"I got it!" I replied. "And I'm not acting like a child by the way." I snapped back at him before stomping towards the house.

"You're gonna break your heels that way." He comments.

"Shut up!" I replied then get inside the house where I notice one of the guys from the car is on his cell phone and is ordering food already.

Before I could do or say anything, I felt Jameson grip my arm tightly but yet not too tightly and began pulling me a little to have me follow him into his office.

"Don't touch me!" I snap at him again once he pushed me inside his office before closing and locking the door behind him.

"Why are you acting like a child?!" He asks me again.

"I'm NOT! You are irritating!" I fired back at him.

He stands there for a moment while looking at me with a smirk and eyes me up and down.

"Why don't you take a damn picture!" I tell him. "Also, you owe me a new pair of sunglasses for the ones you knocked off of me when you picked me up and tossed me into the car."

"I didn't toss you into the car." He says to me with a cocked eyebrow.

"Whatever. Why are we even in here?" I asked.

He continues to smirk in a sexy way that makes it hard for me to stay upset with him right now. Damn hormones of mine.

"I want to explain about my behavior these past several days." He begins.

"Pff. I'm already over that." I roll my eyes of annoyance.

"We both know that isn't true." He says with certainty.

He next starts walking towards me and I began backing up a little until I tripped on the leg of a chair, causing me to sit down in it, giving him the chance to bend over and lean in close to me, inches away from my mouth while gripping the arms of the chair.

He doesn't even blink. He continues looking at me and I can tell he knows that it bothered me and that I am a bit upset about it still.

"Lieing does not suit you, beautiful." He smirks while looking at my lips.

He almost got me in that moment. He almost got me weak in the knees and wanting to forgive him right away. But I won't be falling into his trap.

"No!" I snapped and pushed him away while standing up a few feet apart from him. "You don't get to call me sweet things like that in hopes that it makes up for you ignoring me! My god, why are you guys even like that? I mean really, what are you men so fucking afraid of that you think you can just play games like that then try and charm your way out of whatever bullshit you have caused in damage (if any) because I know it damn well isn't because of guilt or regret?!"

"Girls do it too, don't forget that." He remarks.

"Yes but my luck has been with MEN and not women!" I fired back.

He takes a moment before replying.

"I can't speak for all men, but I can tell you that I was terrified and needed to think over a few things such as why you are the ONLY person I care about in what happens to them, aside from Luciano and my men.  You have this effect over me, Lizette, I have never felt it before. I wasn't sure I wanted to feel it even because if I did, that would mean I....." He stops himself for a moment before continuing.

"It would mean that I could become vulnerable. Oh my god, you're having me explain it." He says while laughing to himself as he mutters the last part.

"I'm not having you explain anything." I tell him while trying to not sound so empathetic as if I believe him. "You're the one who feels they owe me an explanation."

He looks at me this time with guilt but also, a look as if he can tell I am fighting my true feelings of not just feeling a bit hurt but also a little bit.... forgiving?

Next he starts to slowly walk towards me again and this time I don't move. I don't even back up. Probably it's because I do believe him and I do have to admit that with him confessing all he just did, in which I know wasn't easy. I could tell by the look in his eyes and the tone in his voice. He truly felt guilty for ignoring me.

"Fine! I was hurt. But I truly did stop thinking about it and eventually came up with a way to escape. But my car broke down and then you found me and honestly, you were the last person I wanted to see." I admitted to him. I owed him that at least.

He now takes just a few steps forward to me and places one of his hands gently onto the side of my face and caresses it while looking into my eyes.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." He tells me with so much remorse.

Damn this guy. I can feel my eyes beginning to fill up with tears I hadn't realized I had left over him.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)