CHAPTER 15: The Next Day

LIZETTE

Yesterday, him and I talked more after we finished up with lunch and he was sweet enough to even offer me his bed while he slept on the couch, but I didn't want him to and since I decided to give him a chance and accept his offer in us being together, I wanted him to stay with me. So he did and we spooned all night long.

After I woke up, I saw him laying on his back, looking hot as fuck just with his eyes closed and his chest moving up and down steadily, matching his breathing. He was sexy when he slept.

I had looked over and had this immediate rush of happiness. It was real too and I didn't have to convince myself otherwise, for once - it felt great.

I tried to roll over and sit up on the side of the bed slowly so that I didn't wake him up before I stretched a little bit and yawned then rubbed my eyes real fast to wake myself up some more before deciding to get out of bed.

When I looked by the window, I looked at the bag I had taken yesterday with all the money in it and a random thought popped in my head making me think that this money must have been the money he had stashed away for months that he owed Jameson. Then again, I could just be overthinking things.

I started walking over towards it and began to unzip the bag quietly but then was startled from hearing Jameson mumble something and hurried on trying to zip up the bag again before turning around to face him.

"What are you doing?" He yawned.

"Nothing. I mean I was looking through one of my bags and...." He stops me real quick.

"The one with the money?" He asks before getting up out of bed and heading towards me while taking a quick glance at the little bits of cash that was popping out from the bag as a result of me failing to zip it correctly, before he looks back at me.

"How did you know..." I started to ask him but then immediately switched into defense mode when I realized he looked through my bags. "Did you seriously look through my stuff?!" I asked feeling upset while at the same time trying to change the subject sort of.

"Relax. We do it to everybody to make sure nobody has any weapons or anything like that. Besides, some were already sticking out while one of the guys sat it down and then later on had mentioned it to me before we went to bed last night. The better question here is, where did you get all that money?" He asks curiously.

"I stole it. Maloney had it hidden behind a wall in his closet for the last several months and I stole it yesterday, which is part of the reason why I left in a hurry and nearly was caught." I confessed.

He looks at me a little bewildered and almost as if he may not believe me but honestly, I don't care if he does or not because I did it and it's mine.

Right as he steps closer to me, I begin to think maybe he might be upset and think what I believed he would think in that it's his. Instead, he surprises me.

"Well look at my little sexy thief. That was a very bad thing to do." He tells me in a very sexy dominant way. And damnit, it made me blurt out the dumbest thing I had thought of as ai killed the moment at the same time.

"Yeah but, I was just thinking that maybe it's the money he owes you from the business. Which I'm sure you would want back but...." I tell him (not purposefully).

He continues looking at me without blinking even then holds the side of my face while smiling.

"I told you what I want. And I don't care about the money - rather it truly is mine or not. I have plenty. You can keep it for yourself though, as a....trophy." He tells me.