CHAPTER 24: Trained and Ready!

JAMESON

I didn't mean to snap at her but seriously, why the hell did she come down?!? Then after we had finished downstairs and I asked the guys to take care of the guy and clean up before returning upstairs and getting cleaned up.

When I had returned though, I couldn't find Lizette anywhere and after Ashleigh told me where she ran off to, I quickly tried going after her but she was nowhere to be found.

So I made my way back to the house and hurried to cleaned up before going anywhere to try and look for her.

I had come back down after cleaning up and saw the guys had gotten cleaned up also and we all waited for Lizette with me in the living room, downing a couple glasses of whiskey, worried as to where the hell she could have gone to. I hope she didn't leave for good.

Luciano also explained to me that him and Ashleigh have actually been together for a couple of years, so THAT was something new. Although, as happy as I was for them, I couldn't help but be more worried at the moment about Lizette.

Then suddenly, the minute she came walking inside from the back, I was upset but not any more than I was relieved to know she was okay and had returned.

After we held each other for a moment, I took her hand and had her follow me upstairs to our bedroom to talk.

Before I had a chance to say anything first, she beat me to it the minute I locked the door behind me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. I just....when I heard him scream one last time, I just thought I would come down because I thought I'd be able to handle it. I guess I wasn't." She tells me and looks disappointed as she sits at the end of the bed and looks down at her hands folded on her lap.

I felt bad. So I walked over and kneeled down in front of her while having her look at me as I held her hand.

"Baby, don't be sorry. I am the one who needs to apologize. I never should have snapped at you like I did. It's just when I get in that zone, a different side of me comes out and sometimes, I can't control it." I explain.

"It's okay. I understand. I should never have gone downstairs. And I wasn't as scared though as I was when you yelled at me the way you did. It just reminded me of when Maloney would get upset with me and just, it triggered something. In which I know is stupid but...." She says but I stop her.

"Baby, no." I tell her and hold the side of her face.

"I am sorry if I scared you and snapped the way I did. I'm going to try and make sure I don't have that happen again." I promise.

"It's alright. I am the one here that has to try and improve on the way I handle things with the business." She laughs a little.

"You'll get used to it." I smile at her for reassurance. 

"Maybe I should watch some more Mafia movies." She jokes.

We both share a brief laugh together before I begin thinking of another way.

I suggested to help teach her some self-defense and how to shoot a gun, since she might have to use it soon.

She agreed and we both came to the conclusion as well that maybe she would feel more confident and less freaked out from all that happens from now on, if I did that.

***************************
One Week Later

Throughout this past week, since that whole ordeal happened with that guy Maloney had sent, we wasted no time by me teaching Lizette how to defend herself and how to shoot.

I must admit that she had surprised me at how fast and how quickly she became used to the gun. She has been a very quick learner.

There is a move she wanted to practice that she had seen in a movie once before that she had wanted to try and I thought she was at a good point to where she could pull it off.

The move she is about to try, I had one of my guys be the 'dummy' as she has been hitting and kicking harder and sometimes missing the target and giving me bruises (although I know she doesn't mean to), but I thought this would be fun.

Since her and Babyface have become real good friends the most, I had him do it by standing a few feet in front of her.

Then as soon as the time came when she was going to do a half spin before kicking the gun out of his hand, she went by real fast but instead accidentally kicked him in the face so hard that the amount of force caused him to fall to the ground while he held his jaw, wincing in pain.

"FUCK!!" He yelled while the rest of us began to laugh a little.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Lizette began to hurry to his side to help him up.

"It's alright girl, but SHIT!" He continues while standing up and moving his jaw around while spitting out some blood.

"Daaaaamnnn....." The rest of the guys in unison said.

"Go inside and get some ice, you big baby." I joked.

He looked at me while walking past and commented back.

"Hey, you're the one that acted like a baby the other day after she kicked you to your knees, then you limped for the next couple of days afterwards a little, instead of walking it off." He tells me.

He got me there in a way though because I have to admit, seeing how comforting Lizette was and took care of me, was nice and adorable.

The next chapter will be posted soon! :)