(89) Prince and Pirate - Logince

Start from the beginning

"Roman." The boy smirked after hearing the other boy's first word - and that smirk was what broke Roman into a blush. He should be feeling this way around princesses at balls - not here, not now, not with him. But he was irresistible and he seemed to know that.

"I'm Logan." The name was whispered, it felt so secretive and coveted but as soon as that word met Roman's ears he wanted to shout it from the rooftops. Then the thief looked down at Roman's lips...

He couldn't help it. He didn't know what came over him but the prince kissed the guy that just broke into his garden, stole some pots, and told him his name. That's all it took and he was better than any princess Roman had been introduced to. He was so much better.

Logan didn't seem to mind the kiss and smirked again as soon as Roman dragged himself away, his eyes looking the young prince up and down like he was a possession to steal. And Roman would gladly be stolen if that meant a forever with the person that was in front of him. That's what they planned years into the future - the late evening of Roman's 18th birthday he was going to pack a small bag of belongings and sneak out the kingdom to meet Logan at the border and they'd get married and live together in the neighbouring country - just them. Roman had even told his younger brother of the plan so he was fully prepared to take the royal role when the oldest prince disappeared...

"Hey Sir-Sing-A-Lot how do you manage to walk past the only occupied cell?" Logan's voice dragged Roman to the real world as it often did and caused him to burst into an idiotic smile as he turned around and followed the voice. Standing there was Roman's soulmate, each hand grasping onto a metal bar and a ball and chain attached to his left leg - but he was still smirking. "Hey My Prince."

"I love you." Roman whispered out, wanting to kiss Logan again but grazing his hand on his revealed fist would have to do. "You know this isn't any of my doing don't you? This is hurting me and much as it's hurting you."

"Please don't cry..." Earnest sadness was spotted in Logan's voice when he saw Roman start to sniffle. They just wanted to hold each other and waste the day today but they were found only a fortnight early. If they had just managed to stay a secret for a fortnight and they'd be together forever. "I will come home."

Roman shook his head and managed to hold back his tears enough to speak. "You won't. Those pirates are bad news - you'll be their eternal slave or worse... Entertainment..."

Logan only raised an eyebrow, a smirk appearing on his adorable face again. "You know I'm smart, I'll manage it." He nudged the prince's hand, indicating for him to bring it forward. Roman did as told, placing his hand through the bars, just so his soulmate could kiss it and butterflies could erupt through his stomach another time. For the last time.

The prince had to watch the betraying commoner board the pirate ship in a few hours from a podium, his father and brother next to him. The man was handcuffs and the pirates seemed to be excited to have him. Roman wanted to run up to the man he loved and join him with whatever would happen to him but when the man turned he mouthed one simple sentence that reassured him: "I will come home."

*****

"Bro, bro, shit's happening."

Remus burst through the doors to Roman's bedroom, slamming them behind him as he stared at his brother with wide eyes. Roman was sat on his bay window and looked out into the distant garden, having one of his many mopey days. It had been four years - the same length of years Roman knew the commoner - but every single day he was thinking about Logan. Up until he saw his brother's panicked face. "What's happening?"

"Pirates are climbing over the castle walls." Remus spoke quickly, and although he looked panicked at first he couldn't not reveal a smile seeing Roman's eyes widen. "And I think Logan is there."