26

Chapter 26- Fallen Serpent
Natalie

The gunshot rang through my ears.

Sweet Pea was quick to grab me, he looked at me with a worried look but I nodded in reassurance. I was okay. He was okay. But someone wasn't.

Fangs.

Blood started to pour from his stomach and he fell to the floor slowly as Sweet Pea and Jughead grabbed him. Dad, Toni and I all knelt down all desperate to stop Fangs bleeding. Anger filled dads face and Jughead looked around, he was shocked. Blood covered Sweet Peas hands as he begged for Fangs to hold on. But Fangs was struggling. His eyes faded in and out of focus.

"Fangs!" I gasped as my hand was being covered by his blood as I was so desperately trying to help him.

"Get help!" Jughead yelled.

I looked around for someone to help but all I caught sight of was the gun in Reggie Mantles hand. And there, a fight broke out. The Southside was pissed off.

"Help us! We need a doctor!" Jughead yelled as he ran into the hospital. Dad followed carrying Fangs and I ran behind them. "Mam!?"

"Wait your turn please" The nurse sighed.

"He was shot..." Jughead snapped.

"I need you to step back" The nurse asked.

"He was shot!" I yelled as I banged my fist on the desk.

"Hey! What's going on here?" Questioned a Conor as he rushed over.

"My friend was shot" I quickly burst.

"Hey, get me a gurney" The doctor yelled as they grabbed a bed and Fangs was slowly placed down. He groaned in pain and I gasped as tears rolled down my cheeks.

As they rushed Fangs away my anger was so built up I had to release it. I was overly pissed and angry. I stormed past my dad and he rushed after me.

"Where do you think your going?" Dad asked.

"To find the guy who shot Fangs" I muttered as I kept walking.

"Hey, you're not going out there. Not with people rioting" Dad muttered as he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

"I am..." I muttered.

"You're angry, you want revenge...justice, so do I!" Dad snapped.

"Well I'm going to do something about it!" I snapped back.

"They want you dead as well as Fangs" Dad sighed.

"So have me dead!" I yelled. "Fangs didn't deserve that"

"No. No he didn't but nor do you...my job is to protect you now. Now when it's important and when your most in danger. Okay, you and Jughead are what's important to me tonight and I don't want either of you out there!" Dad snapped.

"I want justice for Fangs..." Jughead muttered. "Who shot him is still out there dad!"

"Yeah I know that boy. And the Serpents are already out there" Dad muttered.

"Oh my gosh...Sweet Pea" I gasped as I realised he was out there.

"Hey. Hey no!" Dad grabbed me as I went to walk away.

"No!" I yelled. "He's out there and he could get hurt or he could get killed!"

"Nat...Nat look at me" Jughead whispered as he pulled me into his arms. "I'll make sure he's okay...I'll get Archie to look out for him...okay?"