12

Chapter 12- Party
Natalie

I stood outside the trailer as I stared with tears in my eyes. I wasn't a baby so I wasn't going to let the tears fall so I just wiped my eyes to prevent them. After Penny slapped me I had a clear red mark on my cheek which I didn't know how I was going to hide it from Dad and Jughead.

I opened the font door and sighed deeply as I walked in. Dad and Jughead were still sat in the kitchen and I felt my chest go tight as I closed the door behind me. I lowered my head slightly but that caught Dads and Jughead's attention quickly.

"Natalie?" Dad questioned, looking at me. "Are you okay?" He stood up from his seat, as well as Jughead.

"Y-Yeah" I nodded as dad walked towards me. His hand quickly grabbed my chin, forcing my head up, the red mark on my cheek was on show.

"Sweet Pea slapped you!?" Jughead yelled. My dads eyes filled with anger, his jaw seemed to clench and I panicked.

"N-No...not Sweet Pea!" I gasped as my dad grabbed his jacket. "No...Dad" I blocked the doorway and Dad looked at me with a confused look.

"Natalie?" Jughead asked walking towards me quickly.

"It was Penny!" I blurted which made both Dad and Jughead give me a confused look.

"I never went to Sweet Peas...I met up with Penny" I sighed. Jughead looked confused as to why I lied and went to meet up with Penny especially without him.

"Why did Penny slap you?" Jughead asked. He seemed completely frustrated in why Penny had called me and not him.

"She just did...okay" I sighed. I ran my hand through my hair. "Sweet Pea would never hit me cause he's-"

I paused on my sentence as Jughead realised I was going to tell Dad about my relationship with Sweet Pea which neither of us had no idea how he'd react to the news.

"He's what?" Dad questioned.

"Her boyfriend" Jughead said before I spoke. I glared at him sharply and he sighed as Dad looked at him and then at me.

"Your dating Sweet Pea?" Dad asked me. "How longs this been a thing?"

"A couple of weeks" I shrugged. "I don't want you to be mad-"

"Nat. No I'm not mad" Dad chuckled. "Hell I'm glad your finding someone for you"

"Thanks" I sighed.

"But if he lays one finger on you I'll knock his ass out" Dad threatened.

"Okay" I chuckled. "Course you will"

"I will. You watch" Dad sighed.

________

The evening of the party soon rolled round and I spent the first part of the party, with Toni, by the bar. We were talking when Jughead walked over.

"Jones, you look nervous" Toni chuckled looking at him. I smiled. "You want a drink?"

"No, I'm good. I'm just getting a lay of the land" Jughead replied. Jughead patted my shoulder. Just then, Alice Cooper and Betty walked in. Alice was in dark colours, wearing her old Serpent Jacket. Toni and I grinned as Jughead stood shocked.

"Woah" I gasped.

"Betty. Mrs. Cooper, you look incredible" Jughead complimented.

"Tell me about it. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince this one to dress appropriately" Alice sighed. "Hog Eye. Get me-"