18

Chapter 18- The Return Of Penny
Natalie

The next day Jughead told Betty everything that was happening and he was trying to come up with a plan to save the Southside. Things started to calm but that was until the night. Me and Jughead arrived at the Whyte Wyrm, it was filled with chatting.

"All right, order of the Ophidians..." Jughead sighed. We walked in and the crowd of Serpents moved apart and sat down at a table was none other than Penny Peabody.

"Jughead and Natalie Jones..." Penny sighed. "Did you really think you'd seen the last of me?"

"Oh my gosh" I whispered.

"Whats the Snake Charmer doing here? Dad?" Jughead questioned with confusion.

Dad had a face full of worry, and even a bit of disappointment filled his eyes as he couldn't even look at us.

"No, I brought her in to help us" Tall Boy told us.

"We don't need Penny's kind of help!" Jughead yelled.

"You don't get a say anymore. Not since you broke Serpent law and hurt one of our own kind. Penny was about to tell your dad. Show him, Penny" Tall Boy said. "Show them all"

Penny pulled her jacket sleeve up and slammed her arm onto the table to reveal the scar where her Serpent tattoo was before Jughead carved it off. Dads face filled with shock.

"That used to be my Serpent tattoo, until your kids sliced my arm and left me bleeding in a ditch in Greendale" Penny told everyone. Dad placed his hand over his face as he was still in shock. "But I'm still willing to help the Serpents. Tall Boy showed me those eviction notices. They're legit. But, luckily, I can think of about 41 ways to stall the process. And I'm talking years"

"What's your price, Penny?" Dad asked.

"Blood for blood. An eye for an eye" Penny spoke as she stood up. "I want back in with the Serpents, and I want them both kicked out. Oh, yeah, one last thing. I want both their tattoos carved off. And I want to do it myself. With a dirty knife"

Jughead and I were sent back home to the trailer. Jughead wouldn't stop pacing back and fourth.

"I'm sorry" He kept repeating.

"Jughead..." I sighed.

"I done it. I carved her tattoo off not you..." Jughead muttered.

Suddenly the door opened and dad walked in slamming the door behind him.

"Well? What did they say? Are they kicking us out?" Jughead asked all at once.

"There's going to be a vote" Dad sighed. "You two versus Penny"

"Us Versus?" I questioned.

"What they can't see what we get with Penny in the picture!?" Jughead asked.

"Penny's a cobra, but mutilating her!? That's the kinda thing you don't come back from, Jug" Dad spat.

"Yeah, like stuffing a teenagers body in a freezer!?" I snapped back.

Dad slammed me against the wall, gripping my jacket as he snapped back in my face.

"Dad!" Jughead yelled.

"You need to learn to keep your damn mouth shut!" Dad snapped. I tried to push him off me but he shoved me against the wall again. "Tall Boy was right. Jughead brought the Northside down on us. Serpents are losing their dens because of what he wrote"

"Don't kid yourself!" Jughead snapped. "Let Natalie go!"

The anger in Jughead voice as he yelled was a complete different anger from any I've seen from him. Dads eyes met mine again and he slowly let me go, it was like he never realised what he'd done. I backed slowly walked away, being pulled towards Jughead as he looked at dad in horror.