3

Chapter 3- The Black Hood
Natalie

I yawned, stretching out my arms as I walked into the kitchen of the trailer. Jughead glanced up from his laptop at my presence before speaking to me.

"Good morning to you, sleeping beauty" He mumbled.

"Morning to you" I sighed back, grabbing a cup to make some coffee.

Jughead's phone started to ring and I watched him as he answered it. Within seconds his eyes widened and his face filled with shock as he hung up and looked at me.

"Archies dads been shot" He quickly burst.

"Wait what?" I questioned in shock. I knew Archie's dad. In fact, Fred Andrews treated me more like a daughter then my own dad sometimes used to. "Is he okay!?"

"Archie doesn't know" Jughead said as he stood up and grabbed my arm, tugging me with him.

"My coffee!" I exclaimed as I slipped on my serpent jacket and followed Jughead out to our covered motorcycles. It had snowed over night and the bitterness of the wind gave me chills as we clipped on our helmets and made our way to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital rather quickly, hurrying inside until we reached the waiting room. There was already a few people there and one person was Betty. She stood up and quickly wrapped her arms around Jughead.

"Juggy" She sighed with relief as Jughead hugged her back tightly.

"Hey" He whispered softly.

"Archie are you okay?" The raven haired girl from the other day asked him.

"I came out of the bathroom and there was this man, at Pop's" Archie began to tell us. "Wearing this hood, with a gun on Pop Tate and then he pointed it at my dad and he fired"

"Oh my god, Archie" The girl gasped.

"And then he-" Archie began but paused on his sentence, almost like he was trying to make something up.

Jughead looked over at him with a confused expression crossing his face.

"And then he what?" The girl asked, looking into Archie's eyes.

"And then he bolted" Archie finally said. "And I was holding my dad. Pop Tate called an ambulance and it didn't come so I drove here...I don't know maybe...maybe I should've waited. Maybe I made it worse" Archie began to say, doubting his actions, becoming paranoid and worried.

"No, dude. Are you kidding me?" Jughead said, patting Archie on the back.

"You saved your dads life, Arch" I spoke up.

"Yeah, first Cheryl, and now your dad" Jughead said, trying to make Archie feel better. "If you keep this up, you'll need a superhero name. Like Pureheart The Powerful"

I watched as Alice Cooper walked back over and she looked over to Archie.

"There isn't any new information" She announced. "Your dads in surgery. He'll be there for a while"

"Archie, have you spoken to your mother about any of this yet?" The Women who looked like the raven haired girl but much older asked him.