13

Chapter 13- Ending Penny
Natalie

Christmas In Riverdale was always great. Especially with the towns decoration, and the music, but my favourite place by far, was Pops. On this specific evening, Sweet Pea had taken me to Pops for a date. Being the usual, soft boyfriend, he was around me, we were having a good time. Except for one little detail. Jughead was watching us. While I was with Sweet Pea, Jughead sat in a further booth, laptop open, writing his book, looking up at certain points, to make sure I was still in eyes view.

He had become more paranoid over the few weeks about Penny and if she'd try strike again at me and he refused to let that happen. Also because I knew deep down he still didn't fully trust Sweet Pea just yet.

Fred was selling Christmas trees outside, with the help of Archie. And as they brought a Christmas tree into Pops, I couldn't help but miss the idea of decorating a tree.

"What do you say, Pop? Is it okay?"Archie asked as him and Fred placed the tree down.

"The best tree yet. Thanks, Archie. Thanks, Fred" Pop said smiling.

"Ah, no. Thank you, for letting us set up shop In front of the diner" Fred said smiling. I watched as Archie joined Jughead in his booth.

"You'll love the Serpent Christmas traditions" Sweet Pea said after he took a sip of his chocolate milkshake. "Me, Fangs and Toni think it's great, and it'll be better if you do it with us" Sweet Pea chuckled, placing his hand on mine.

"Well, I will definitely be helping. And I can't wait" I sighed smiling at him. Sweet Pea kissed my hand and I finished my chocolate milkshake.

"Jughead, you want a Christmas tree? You, Natalie and your dad, on the house?" Fred asked.

"It would have to be a small one, Mr. A" Jughead laughed.

"What do you think, Natalie?" Fred asked looking over at me.

"Sounds great, thanks Mr Andrews" I reply smiling. Sweet Pea grinned at me.

"I love your smile" he sighed. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

________

On the last day of school before Christmas break, I sat with Jughead at the table, eating breakfast. Dad walked in, grabbing his coffee from the side and taking a sip.

"I was thinking about our Penny problem" Jughead said looking over to him. I sighed knowing this conversation was not going to end well.

"My problem, not ours" Dad corrected him.

"Well, me and Natalie are the ones she has on camera delivering drugs" Jughead sighed.

"Thanks for the reminder, Jug" I mumbled, giving him a glare.

"How I deal with Peabody is neither of your concerns. I'm handling it, don't worry" Dad replied patting my shoulder.

"By pimping the Serpents out as drug runners?" Jughead asked.

"Boy!" Dad warned, pointing at Jughead. Jughead rolled his eyes as Dad opened the door letting Tall Boy in, he was carrying bags in. "Toss them in the corner"

"Hey, what's in the bags, Tall Boy?" Jughead asked looking over.

"Hey, what did I say!? Mind your damn business. Get to school, both of you" Dad snapped. Jughead slammed his spoon down, picking his bag up. I sighed as I stood up, swinging my bag over my shoulder. Jughead dragged me out of the trailer and he dropped me off at school, before he left to head to Riverdale High for his Secret Santa thing with his friends.