16

Chapter 16- Jealousy
Natalie

I was thankful to say that Sweet Pea along with most of the Serpents had settled in at Riverdale High better then I had expected them to. In fact, Sweet Pea was getting himself into sport teams, mainly basketball which he was especially good at and one thing he tried to overpower Reggie Mantle for.

Myself at Riverdale High was a struggle. Everyone knew Jughead, meaning everyone knew me. But they saw me as his twin sister. Cheryl Blossom Miss queen bee of Riverdale High seemed to still despise the fact of a new set of twins replacing her and Jason. Jughead was hard working within school and known to be a talented writer. I however seemed to pay no attention in hardly any lessons, I had lower grades but I was more sociable and more out going for parties and hanging out after school. Teachers insisted I should try harder and maybe I would reach the standard Jughead was at which infuriated me more.

"So are you going to come and watch me at practise?" Sweet Pea questioned as I closed my locker. It felt good to have lockers that weren't so easy to break into.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it" I replied with a smirk as Sweet Pea snaked his arms around my waist.

"If I'm going to have to walk these halls with you two making out every time I might just change schools" Fangs sighed as he leant against his locker that was the other side of mine.

"Oh don't be dramatic Fangs" I sighed as I turned to face him.

"Fangs you coming to practise?" Sweet Pea asked him.

"To beat some bulldogs ass? Of course I am" Fangs cheered with a smile.

"See you later Princess" Sweet Pea said kissing my cheek and then walking away with Fangs.

"Aww, you two are adorable" Veronica gasped as she walked up to me.

"Veronica" I sighed as I turned to face the raven haired girl.

"I know..." She began to say. "I know we started on the wrong terms but, I would like us to forgive and forget our differences"

"Forgive and forget?" I questioned.

"Start new" She nodded. "What do you say Jones?" She held out her hand and I sighed as I looked at it.

"I'll give it a go, Lodge" I nodded back as I shook her hand.

"Perfect" Veronica smiled.

________

Once the final class ended for the day Toni joined me as we walked over to go and watch Sweet Pea and Fangs during their practise. There were already a variety of people sitting and watching already and Cheryl and the Vixens were practising too.

"Do you think it would be strange if I joined the Vixens?" Toni questioned as we sat down.

"Why would it be strange?" I asked.

"A serpent on the vixens?" Toni sighed.

"I think you should go for it. If it's really something you want to do" I replied with a smile. Sweet Pea waved across to me and his smile widened as he was happy I showed up. However Reggie Mantle too had seen me.

The whole practise seemed like a competition between Sweet Pea and Reggie. Every time either of them had the ball they'd charge at each other for it. They'd smirk at me if they ever had the ball and it even Toni noticed the competition they had.

"This is rough" Toni sighed. I nodded slowly as I watched the heat between the two increase.

Soon half time came along and I watched as the two serpents made their way towards us.

"Your not serious are you!?" I sighed as Sweet Pea sat beside me.

"What?" Sweet Pea questioned as he looked at me with confusion.

"You and Reggie are practically fighting each other out there" I muttered.

"She's right dude" Fangs laughed as he brought his bottle to his lips.

"Is someone getting jealous of Reggie Mantle!?" Toni gasped.

"No! Me jealous if Mantle, your joking!?" Sweet Pea snapped. I looked at him with a sigh as he looked down.

"Your good though. Maybe basketballs your thing" I laughed as I took his hand into mine. Sweet Pea smiled and brought our hands to his lips and he kissed my hand as our rings joined.

The coach called the guys back and I watched as Reggie winked at me with a smirk. Toni too had seen it and she gasped with a wide smile.

________

"Toni your crazy" I sighed as I walked into my trailer as Toni followed me. Dad and Jughead were home too and they stopped their conversation as mine and Toni's overpowered it.

"Seriously...Reggie Mantle likes you!" Toni squealed. "He winked at you!"

"Reggie Mantle?" Dad questioned.

"Winked at you..." Jughead scoffed.

"Mind your business Jug" I muttered as I pulled his beanie off his head.

Reggie Mantle couldn't like me. He despised me as I despised him. He was a bulldog and I was a Serpent. He scoffed at the thought. He was just trying to get under Sweet Peas skin. He knew it annoyed him so he was going to keep doing it. For how long I didn't know.