6

Chapter 6- Bulldogs Vs Serpents
Natalie

The following day I had only hoped that Sweet Pea had forgotten about last night with Archie but I was so wrong when Sweet Pea had gathered a group of Serpents at Fangs's trailer after school.

"Whats all this?" I questioned as I stood in the doorway.

"We're making a plan" Fangs answered.

"A plan for what?" I asked, looking around.

"Teaching Andrews that he can't go round threatening us with a gun" Sweet Pea muttered. "He's going to pay the price"

"What are you thinking?" I asked him.

"Knocking it into him might work" Sweet Pea shrugged.

"Alright" I sighed.

"Nobody" Sweet Pea started. "Nobody gets to stick a gun at me, my girl or Fangs and just get away with it"

"Yeah!" Yelled the Serpents.

"Let's teach these psycho Bulldogs whose the boss" Fangs added.

"Let's go!" Sweet Pea yelled. Sweet Pea took my hand, pulling me with him as we headed to his motorcycle.

We pulled up outside of Archies house in the downpour of rain and me and Sweet Pea led the group towards Archie's front door. Archie opened it just as we reached it and he glanced down at me and then up to Sweet Pea.

"How stupid are you Northsiders?" Sweet Pea asked. "You really think you can come to my house, stick a gun in my face as well as my girls and in front of my boys and there wouldn't be any payback?"

The door opened wider and Reggie Mantle along with a few of the Bulldogs stood beside Archie.

"You have crap timing, bro" Reggie started. "Bulldogs eat Serpents for lunch"

"We'll see about that" Sweet Pea said as he glanced from Reggie to the group behind him. "And the more, the merrier"

Reggie grabbed Sweet Pea before he could push into the house which caused Archie to grab Reggie before he started anything. I pulled Sweet Pea back by his arm and he glanced down at me as I sighed.

"Veronica, stay here" Archie said as he looked behind him at his girlfriend.

"What? Archie, no..." Veronica spoke.

Sweet Pea snaked his arm around me just as Archie turned back to us.

"You want to fight, we'll fight" Archie said.

"What about your gun?" Sweet Pea asked him.

"What about your knife?" Archie asked back.

"How about no weapons?" Veronica chimed into the conversation.

"Oh my gosh, Veronica" I groaned. "Keep your mouth shut and stay out of it"

The Serpents laughed behind me and Veronica glared at me.

"If you troglodytes insist on doing this, there are going to be rules" She continued. "Or should I call Sheriff Keller to be referee?"

"Bitch. Shut your mouth before I do it for you!" I snapped as I stepped forward which caused Sweet Pea to pull me back by my waist as Archie grabbed Veronica back.

"Easy Shortcake" Sweet Pea whispered in my ear. "Don't let her get to you"

________

We all met on the bridge which separated the Northside and the Southside. The Serpents were waiting, sitting on our bikes as the rain got heavier and a storm was beginning. As the Bulldogs arrived, stepping out of their cars I watched as Archie took lead and Sweet Pea stepped forward from our side.