22

Chapter 22- Serpent Protest
Natalie

It was a cold night. The wind was howling loudly outside and the gently sounds of rain hitting my window kept me awake. I rolled over under the warmth and safety of my covers as I stared blankly at the wall by the window. I sighed as my eyes slowly closed but suddenly reopened to the thump by the window. I sat up quickly as another thud hit my window. I slowly pulled the covers off as I slowly approached the window. I took a glance out of the window into the view I had.

Nothing. 

I sighed but jumped back as a sudden face appeared in the window and the window pulled up.

"Ahh!" I yelled as I tripped back.

"What!?" Yelled the voice as they fell through the window.

The light from the moon reflected onto the figures face and I could make out the small details. The dark hair and soft brown eyes of none other then Sweet Pea.

"Sweet Pea!?" I snapped as I glared at him.

"Are you okay!?" He gasped as he sat up and looked back at me.

"I'm fine...apart from you scaring the hell out of me!" I snapped at him.

"Yeah...sorry about that" Sweet Pea chuckled.

"What do you want anyway? It's like 2am" I groaned as I stood up and helped Sweet Pea up.

"I can't sleep...I miss you" Sweet Pea sighed as he sat on my bed.

"And you didn't think to call me? Instead you came here...during this awful weather?" I questioned.

"Anything for you" Sweet Pea smiled at me. I sighed as I sat next to him, his arm around me. He tilted my head and pulled me into a kiss as he held my waist with his free hand.

The kiss became passionate and stronger. Sweet Pea pulled me onto his lap as I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding his hair as he kept our kiss. His lips left mine and went down my neck. I breathed heavily into his neck as he kept kissing down my neck.

"Sweets...My dad...and Jug...are home" I gasped as I softly moaned into Sweet Peas neck.

"Hmm" he groaned quietly.

I pulled his head softly up and he tilted his head with a confused look. I placed my head on his shoulder and he sighed as he picked me up, placing me down in my back. He pulled his shirt off and he threw it down as he slipped into the covers and pulled me into his arms. My head fell perfectly into his neck and his lips traced my face with kisses before his head laid on mine and we both fell asleep, together.

________

"This isn't a demolition notice. It's a notice of extermination" Jughead spoke as he held up a piece of paper before he crumbled it and tossed it aside.

"We've already said our goodbye to Southside" Toni spoke up.

"Today, it's Southside High, tomorrow, it's the Wyrm" Jughead muttered. "Everything that makes the Southside home is gonna disappear. If we roll over now, it's all over"

"It's just a building, Jug" Toni sighed.

"No, Toni, it's the soul of the Southside" Jughead corrected. "The Uktena fought and died trying to protect that land. Our parents fought to keep it safe during the riots. Now it's our turn. It's our time. This is our fight. So, who's with me? Who's ready to go to war?"