19

Chapter 19- Mystery Body
Natalie

"You know I wouldn't of let Penny cut your tattoo off" Sweet Pea muttered as he held my hand tightly as we walked.

"You wouldn't?" I questioned with a smile.

"Of course. I wasn't going to let her hurt you, but I'm relieved to know that your still in the Serpents, unhurt" Sweet Pea sighed with a smile. He stopped and looked down at me. He placed his lips against mine as his hand held my waist and the other held my hand.

"See you tomorrow, love?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Of course" I responded. He kissed me once more and I walked up to the trailer, walking in and seeing Jughead in the living room. Just as then Dad walked in and he looked around.

"Tall Boy won't be coming back anytime soon" He said.

"Good. He was a coward" Jughead muttered.

"Listen, I'm sorry about the other night" Dad began as he looked at me. "I shouldn't have pinned you up against the wall like I did and I shouldn't have said what I said to you both"

"It's alright" Jughead responded. "Right Natalie?"

"Oh, yeah" I sighed. Dad smiled and wondered into the kitchen.

"You know riding back I was thinking I should take a page from your book, sit-down with McCoy. I mean now that we know Hiram Lodge is responsible for what happened to the statue I say we show her the head, appeal to her sense of justice" Dad spoke. He walked over to Jughead and looked at him confused. "What? You don't like that plan?"

Jughead gave no response but he looked away and dad looked towards where he left the head. It wasn't there.

"Wait a second" Dad spoke as he dropped his jacket. I walked in with confusion and looked at Jughead. "Boy, where the hell is General Pickens Head?"

It turned out the head had already made its way to Hiram Lodge. Though the Lodge family were unaware of who delivered it, Hiram wondered how it did get into the hands of someone else.

The following schools day was as if nothing happened. It's surprising how quickly things are forgotten about in Riverdale. And while the core four, Archie, Veronica, Betty, Jughead were sat with me and Sweet Pea in the student lounge we were informed with unexpected news from Kevin Keller.

"Veronica, are you trying to manage me?" Jughead asked Veronica with annoyance.

"Define manage" Veronica muttered.

"People will lose their homes" Jughead sighed.

"Jughead why don't you and Natalie come with your dad and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilised humans?" Veronica suggested.

"I really don't want to get involved in this Jones against Lodge battle" I sighed as I sat back in the chair I was sat in.

"Okay. One condition. Your dad comes to Sunnyside Trailer Park. I want him to see the people he'll displace" Jughead replied to Veronica.

"Fine. And trust me, no one is being displaced" Veronica responded.

"Oh my god. Did you guys hear!?" Kevin burst as he walked into the student lounge. All our heads turned to him. "My dads scanners blowing up. The police found another dead body this morning. There's blood everywhere"

Everyone went silent apart from Jughead who spoke.

"Could the Black Hood have risen from the grave?" He questioned.