10

Chapter 10- Penny Peabody
Natalie

A couple of days after the race things went quiet. Especially with the Black Hood. But that all changed the morning that Pop Tate received the letter. A letter claiming to be a 48 hour test from the Black Hood. Only now, everyone was on edge for these next 48 hours ahead.

"What are you thinking about, Princess?" Sweet Pea asked me as he woke up. I was sat beside him, my mind full of thoughts that I hadn't heard him. "Natalie?" He wrapped his arm around my waist and gently pulled me towards him. This startled me out of my thoughts and I looked up at him with a sigh.

"What if the Black Hood starts targeting Southsiders?" I asked him. "I'm sure there's plenty of us that have done some bad stuff"

Sweet Pea pushed some of my hair behind my ear and softly placed his hand on my cheek.

"What if it's someone we care about?" I asked him.

"As long as I'm here, no one, is laying a finger on you, understand?" Sweet Pea mumbled. "Your mine"

My phone buzzed silently on the table beside me and I groaned as I reached over for it. It was a message from Jughead asking to meet him at Pops. I sighed as I forced myself out of bed and I walked over to my wardrobe with a stumble which made Sweet Pea laugh.

"Where are you going, Princess?" He asked as he watched me pull out some clothes.

"Jughead wants to meet me at Pops, so now I got to head over there" I sighed.

"You got to go to the Northside?" Sweet Pe asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah" I sighed as I closed the bathroom door so I could change. Once I was done and ready I slipped on my Serpent Jacket and grabbed my phone. I noticed Sweet Pea had also gotten ready and I looked at him confused.

"Let me give you a ride" Sweet Pea offered as he grabbed his Serpent jacket from the chair.

"Aw. Thank you" I smiled at him as he grabbed his keys and we walked out to his motorcycle.

We drove to Pops and when we arrived I spotted Jughead waiting outside for me. I kissed Sweet Pea on the cheek, thanking him for the ride and then I headed over to Jughead.

"What's this about?" I asked him as I followed him in. We approached a booth where an oddly familiar blonde woman was sat at. We sat opposite her and without answering my question, Jughead spoke to her.

"I can't do this favour for you, whatever it is" Jughead said to her.

"Woah, Jughead, let me at least speak. Your dear sister has no idea who I am" the woman chucked. "Penny Peabody"

Jughead sighed and I shook her hand.

"If I have to pay for you helping my dad-" Jughead started but Penny spoke over him.

"He needs more help" Penny sighed. Jughead look up in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"That's why I called. FP got into a little accident" Penny told us. "With some Ghoulies in the prison showers the other day"

"Oh my god" Jughead gasped, clasping his hands together.