The Hideout Lounge

Start from the beginning

The bartender chuckles. "Shot or drink love."

"Th-the drink sorry." Zayn stutters. He's been doing that way too often lately.

"Not too familiar with our menu? The guy asks pulling out a glass from the rack.

"No sorry. I've only been here a couple of times. I don't even know the names of this place." Zayn answers. The music wasn't too loud so they were fine talking at a normal volume.

"The Hideout Lounge love" Louis says grinning.

"Oh" is all Zayn could manage to say.

Zayn was 21 but he never got to experience the party scene at his university. His parents were against it. Occasionally he'd go to a house party here and there. He lacked behind in bar knowledge a bit. He was only use to the beverages at the events he attended which was mostly Champaign, and sparkling water.

"I'm guessing you're about twenty maybe twenty one." The bartender states as he fills the cup with ice.

Zayn feels a little comfortable knowing this guy hasn't recognized him yet. "Just turned twenty one actually." He chuckles.

"Nice, but why'd you come here if you don't mind me asking." He shrugs.

"Just wanted some uh time to myself is all." Zayn answers.

Zayns phone starts to vibrate and flash. He picks it up and looks at the caller ID and sees it's his best friend. He totally forgot he had told Harry he'd update him on the events that took place recently. With a sigh he declines the call and turns his phone off. He didn't even know what to tell Harry at this point.

"Uh boyfriend troubles?" The bartender quirks his brow.

"Uh um no just my friend. Um sorry but what if I had a girlfriend?" Zayn feels slightly offended.

"Trust me. No straight guy is as well dressed like that." The bartender laughs out finishing Zayns drink to slide it his way.

"Th-thanks I guess but yeah I'm uh gay." Zayn states shying into his seat and taking a sip.

"It's okay. Nothing to be ashamed of mate. I am too." He explains nonchalantly while grabbing some glasses left by a couple of customers.

Zayn grins. "No it's not that I'm ashamed Aha I just can't remember the last time someone didn't know everything about me." He says before downing his drink.

The bartend looks at Zayn astonished. Then begins to make him another. "Well sorry handsome but Am I suppose to know who you are? Last I checked you're not a regular and I've been here for a while."

"No not that you need to just it feels good to answer questions people don't have the answer to already." Zayn says pushing his empty glass forward.

"Let me guess famous Instagram influencer." The man says pushing yet another drink towards Zayn.

At this point no one was at the bar just Zayn and his bartender. Everyone else had made their way to the lounge areas so it was just the two of them talking.

"Something like that." The model states taking a swig. "Actually..." he hesitates "I work at this modeling agency downtown. Nothing special."

Leaning against the counter the bartender grows intrigued. "Wow small world. One of my usuals works at an agency downtown as well. Actually came by last night!" He says.

"Oh nice." Zayn says clearly still in pain at his recent outburst with his parents. "Hey can I get a shot of something strong uhhh..." He says looking for a name tag.