𝟒𝟓 ### 𝑺𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒐𝒘𝒏

Taehyun stared at the text message he had received from Beomgyu every few minutes

Taehyun stared at the text message he had received from Beomgyu every few minutes. What was "All good" supposed to mean when he just disappeared like that without saying where he was going or why he had left in the first place?

And then he hadn't returned his calls either, just left him the text message. With a questioning look, he looked up at Yeonjun, who had accompanied him home after Kai had had his mother pick him up. The energetic bundle had also been calmer than usual.

"Are you sure nothing happened?" the Kang asked the pink-haired man as they walked up the stairs.

Yeonjun didn't look at him, could imagine that he wouldn't like it if he knew Beomgyu was going off to read his ex the riot act. "So not happening," he muttered, thinking about the conversation and what had slipped out. If he told Taehyun this now, too, he would surely be devastated. "We talked as much as it's possible to have a conversation with him when you're in my shoes."

Taehyun sighed. "Did you guys have a fight?" He should have seen that coming, and even before they reached his apartment, the younger man stood in his friend's way on trial. "Listen forget whatever Beomgyu said."

The pink-haired man looked into the slightly shorter man's worried eyes. "Don't worry, I don't listen to him anyway." He leaned forward slightly until the tips of their noses touched. "I just don't know how much credence you give to your best friend's words, after all, I know how much he means to you and I don't want to get in the way."

Puzzled, the shorter man frowned at you. "What makes you think that?"

Slightly, the taller one tilted his head and straightened up again, moving away from Taehyun's snub nose, remembering this morning and the conversation he had overheard the two of them having in the living room. "I heard you talking about me today," he admitted, watching the Kang's eyes widen.

"Everything?" he squeezed out, lowering his eyes.

"Enough," the pink-haired man answered tersely, then placed his index finger under the younger man's chin, stroking it with his thumb.

The blond swallowed. "He's just worried, that's ... everything. It wasn't meant that way, just talk in the heat of the moment," he assured the taller man quietly. "It's all right." The words sounded like he was trying to convince the florist, with that he was eager to believe it himself.