Chapter 32 - Here To Destroy You

Author Note: I'm sorry I've been absent for the past couple months. I explained my reason in a post on my wall for if you would like to read it. For those who were there for me during my absence, thank you. Being human is hard. Especially when life sucks and your brain is too fried to write. Being behind a screen, you never know what struggles a person goes through in life, so for everyone that has been patiently waiting for me to return, thank you for understanding and not pressuring me into pushing out content when what I needed most, was to work on my mental health. Thank you, sincerely. This chapter is dedicated to you. To all my greatest and loyal supporters. I do hope you enjoy ;)

 I do hope you enjoy ;)

He's here. Charlie found me. I never doubted that he would not but seeing him here, standing across from me... it all suddenly feels real. It feels... it feels as if this is the moment it's all come down to. The moment where he finally takes my soul.

Him and father walk away, Charlie eyeing me with a creepy smirk while he does. I wait for them to disappear around the corner and then turn to my wife.

"Jakob..." her frightened voice speaks. I grab her face and kiss her, hard. Pulling back, I stare into her eyes.

"It's going to be alright. It's all going to be alright," I assure. "You believe me, don't you?" she nods her head, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I love you so much, Clara. You are my life and I have loved every precious moment with you," I tell her.

"I love you, Jakob. Always have and always will," she weeps. Leaning in, I lay a long kiss upon the skin of her forehead.

"It's all going to be alright," I whisper against her. I then lean in to whisper into her ear. "I'm taking the gun and bullets. You keep the blade," I tell her.

"Jakob. You can't—" she starts to say.

"I'm not going to kill my father. I'm going to kill the Draugr," I quietly tell her.

"They are in my right boot," she says. I pull back, staring into her eyes.

"After watching all those horror movies, what was the one thing you learned about surviving?" I question.

"It's kill or be killed. Everyone in those movies always died because they hesitated but I won't hesitate. You take on Charlie and I'll take on your dad. We end this and then we go home, Jakob. We go home."

"We go home," I repeat.

After collecting ourselves, Clara and I walk hand in hand back into my father's den. Charlie and my father stand off to the side, in front of the fireplace. Both their heads turn towards us as soon as we enter the room.

"Ahh. And there's two of my favorite souls," Charlie chimes. "Come! Come! We have so much to catch up on," he says, yet I stay put, now gripping my wife's hand harder.