Chapter 26: The Race Of His Life

We pick up where we left off...Zoom had just murdered Henry father right in front of Barry.

"No!!!!" Barry yelled.

Then Henry drops to his knees and falls to the floor.

"Dad? Dad?" He kneels down to him. "Hey! Hey! Hey, look at me. Look at me. Dad. Don't leave. Not again. Not again. Dad! Come on. Come on. Come on...It's all right. No. Dad." Barry says, as he sobs. 

Henry lets out a breath and then he was dead.  

Barry sobs and says,"No, Dad."

"I told you family was a weakness." Hunter/Zoom said.

Barry was in tears as he looks at Hunter with anger.

"You feel the anger, don't you, Flash? And now...the two of us are the same." Hunter said.

"No! No!" Barry yelled.

Then Barry speeds over to Hunter and puts him against the wall.

"There you go, Flash! Use your anger, just like I did." Hunter/Zoom said.

Then they super speed out of the house and Barry chases him all over central city, Zoom makes a remnant of himself and Barry chases the remnant and Barry caught it in an alley.

They fight each other in the alley and Barry rips Zoom's mask of and wanted to kill him.

"I got you, Zolomon!" Barry says, as he vibrates his hand.

"Go on, Barry. Embrace your anger. End me!" Hunter/Zoom said.

Suddenly the real Zoom appears and kills his time remnant.

"Let me do it for you." He takes his mask off and speaks normally. "So close, Barry." Hunter/Zoom said.

"Another time remnant." Barry said.

"You see, Barry, there could be two of you. You just have to be willing to kill yourself. Yeah. You're almost ready." Hunter/Zoom said.

Then he pushes Barry towards a trash can and speeds away.  

At Henry's funeral, a few days later

At Henry's funeral, a few days later...Rain was coming down hard as they lowered Henry's casket right next to Barry's mother.

"And comfort us today with the word of your promise as we return our brother to the earth, and leave us with the hope that, one day, we'll meet again." The Priest says, and he walks away.

"Um...my father's...I can't do this right now." Barry said.

"Barry." Caitlin says, as she grabs his hand.

"Henry Allen. Henry suffered two great losses in his life. He lost his wife, Nora, and he lost Barry. He suffered guilt, embarrassment, ridicule, shame, and everything that comes with being blamed for a crime he didn't commit. Henry Allen was proof that love can get you through the darkest of days, and that love will keep him alive in all of our hearts." Joe said.