Chapter 20: World's Finest

When I was a child, my planet Krypton was dying. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin. But my pod got knocked off-course and by the time I got here, my cousin had already grown up and become Superman. And so I hid my powers until recently when an accident forced me to reveal myself to the world. To most people I'm an assistant at Catco Worldwide Media. But in secret, I work with my adoptive sister for the DEO to protect my city from alien life and anyone else that means to cause it harm. I am Supergirl!

At The DEO, a woman is being examined as she gasps and there a machines whirring...

"What is she?" Winn asked.

"She's definitely not a Fort Rozz escapee. Trust me. We checked." Kara said.

"And you're sure you don't recognize her from Krypton?" Winn asked.

"No. But it was a big place. We didn't all know each other." Kara said.

"She fell four stories, Kara. There's not a scratch on her. The only other person I know capable of that is you." Winn said.

They both turn and start walking as Kara says, "Well, maybe she should be National City's new hero."

"I saw that, uh, winning the people back wasn't going so well." Winn said.

"I have tried everything I can think of.Last night I helped a family assemble their IKEA table. It's still not enough." She sighs. "One mistake. That's all it took to just erase all the good I did before." Kara said.

"You were poisoned. It's, it's not your fault." Winn said.

"People don't know that." Winn said.

"All they know is that this symbol doesn't mean what it used to anymore." Winn said.

A doctor walks up to them.

"Dr. Hamilton, how is Siobhan? How did she survive her belly flop on the sidewalk? She emitted a high frequency sound wave so powerful, it literally cushioned her fall and pulverized the cement." She said.

"You're saying the girl that I have been..." He stammers. "You know, is an alien?" Winn said.

"Nope. DNA analysis confirms she's human." Dr. Hamilton said.

"So how does she have this power?" Kara asked.

"Do you believe in miracles?" Dr. Hamilton said.

Siobhan walks up and she says, "So none of you know what's wrong with me? Thanks for nothing."

Siobhan walks away as Winn follows her.

"That was such a waste of time." Siobhan said.

"At least you're not an alien." He chuckles. "Not that aliens are bad. I mean, I know quite a few aliens and I like them." Winn said.

Siobhan stops and she says, "You said these people could help me. And speaking of aliens, since when do you know Supergirl?"

"I, I would have told you." Winn said.

"When?" Siobhan asked.

"I don't know. Maybe if we'd ever gone on an actual date." Winn says, as he scoffs.

"I'm scared, Winn." Siobhan said.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. We're gonna figure this out. Together. All right? No one here is abandoning you, Siobhan, including me." Winn said.

Suddenly, Siobhan starts hearing a sharp ringing in her head.

"Whoa, easy. Hey..." Siobhan gasps as the ringing continues. "Are you all right?" Winn asked.