Chapter 14: Fast Lane

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive. To the outside world, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly, with the help of my friend Daniella and our friends at S.T.A.R. Labs, Daniella and I fight crime and find other meta-humans like us. I hunted down the man who killed my mother, but in doing so, I opened up our world to new threats, and I am the only one fast enough to stop them. I am..The Flash!!

Two years ago, At Hudson's Roofing Tar Industries..

Two men were dangling a guy over the edge.

"People think of tar now as mainly a roofing product. Fun fact: it's also been used as medicine and flavoring for candy and liquor. I bet what you're thinking right now isn't "yummy", is it? What I hope you're thinking is, "Wow, Clay is serious about wanting to know where I put that money. I think I'll give him that account number now, so he doesn't drop me into this vat of boiling tar." Clay said,

The man who was dangled off the edge was moaning and muffled.

"Hmm? I'm sorry, what?" Clay said.

He rips off the tape off the guys mouth.

"Central City Bank account 5463728." He is panting. "Please, please, pull me up now. I'm so sorry!" He Said.

Clay and the guy who was dangling the other guy over the railing let's go and he falls into the tar.

"I thought you said you weren't gonna kill him." He Said.

"I say a lot of things.' Clay said,

Outside, Clay and his partner then meet up with their other partner who was waiting outside by the car.

"Where's Joey?" He Asked.

"Wishing he was somewhere else. Let's go." Clay said.

Then there was an explosion...As the particle accelerator went off and it was coming their way.

"Dude, get in the car! Let's go! Drive! Drive!" Clay said.

They get in the car and drive away, as the energy from the particle accelerator hits Joey's shoe before it then sinks into the tar.

Today....

At the same place, it was abandon as workers were there breaking into the concrete of what was left as tar starts bubbling out.

Then, a hand shoots out from the ground covered in tar.

Late at night, Barry is speeding around the city on his own as Daniella still wasn't in central city

Barry's Voice-Over: There's this song lyric I like. "All the broken hearts in the world still beat. Mine's beating, but not bruised. Hopefully not ever. The one thing I do know is: time changes everything.

Barry arrives at the house, but he just stands outside as he peeks through the window of the door and sees Joe, Wally and Iris sitting down for dinner but he didn't want to interrupt them so he zooms away.