Chapter 19: Flash Back

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive. To the outside world, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly, with the help of my friend Daniella and our friends at S.T.A.R. Labs, Daniella and I fight crime and find other meta-humans like us. I hunted down the man who killed my mother, but in doing so, I opened up our world to new threats, and I am the only one fast enough to stop them. I am The Flash!!

Barry was in the cortex using his speed to read books that could help him get faster. He was also working on the speed equation.

Barry's Voice-Over: I let it happen again. I trusted someone I shouldn't have. Jay Garrick. Zoom. Just like I trusted Harrison Wells, or Eobard Thawne. You see what I mean? I made the same mistake twice. I thought they wanted to teach me how to use my powers, train me to get faster, but they didn't come here to help me. They came to use me and take everything I love away from me. But no more. I'm gonna crack the code. Figure out how to improve my speed. I'm gonna train harder, get stronger, and run faster than anyone's ever run before. And then I'm gonna stop Zoom.

Barry is still working on the board as Cisco walked in with more books in his hands

Cisco saw Jay's helmet on the table and he vibed Zoom again, and after he comes out of the vibe, he drops the books he was holding. 

Barry hears, and he turns around and he says,"Yo."

"Can we please get rid of Jay's helmet?" Cisco says as he picks the books up off the floor and puts them on the table.

"No, sorry. It keeps me motivated." Barry said.

"Well, it's giving me daymares." He holds some books out for Barry to take. "This is everything I could find even remotely related to increasing speed. How are these supposed to help apply the speed equation to you?" Cisco said.

Barry takes the books and he walks back to the board as he says,"The answer's got to be here somewhere." 

Then Caitlin and Daniella walk in.

"I think we found something interesting." Daniella said.

"Good interesting or bad interesting? 'Cause that word could go either way." Cisco said.

"After running some comparative data, it appears that you, Dani, Reverse Flash, and Zoom are moving your legs at essentially the same speed." Caitlin said.

"Then why are they so much faster than them?" Cisco said.

"Best I can tell, with each stride their feet spend less time on the ground, thus propelling them forward much faster." Caitlin said.

"By almost 30%. Great. All right, well, I got to make up that difference somehow." Barry said.

"Hey, after what that monster did, I want to stop Jay just as badly as you do..." Caitlin said.