Chapter 10: Running To Stand Still

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive. To the outside world, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly, with the help of my friend Daniella and our friends at S.T.A.R. Labs, Daniella and I fight crime and find other meta-humans like us. I hunted down the man who killed my mother, but in doing so, I opened up our world to new threats. And I am the only one fast enough to stop them. I am The Flash!!

Harry is running down the hallway of Star Labs and Zoom is right behind him...He then runs into the workshop, and he grabs his gun and waits for Zoom.

Zoom comes in, and he knocks the gun out of Harry's hand.

Then Zoom lifts Harry up into the air. 

Harry gasps then he says,"Go ahead. Kill me. But..my daughter....is innocent. Please..Let..Jesse..live..."

Harry is gasping for air. 

Zoom lowers Harry down but is still holding him.

"Go on. Say something!" Harry said.

"Merry Christmas." Zoom said.       

Later at Jitters, Joe is paying for his coffee when Iris walked up

"Whoo." Iris says, as she holds up a Flash and Bolt action figure. 

Joe laughs.

"I had to fight some old lady for the last ones. They didn't have any Green Arrow dolls." Iris said.

"Don't know why you'd want a toy of that crazy man." Joe said.

They both walked over to a table.

"I can't figure out what to get Barry." Joe said.

"I was thinking you could give him this." Iris says, as she pulls out a dress shirt.

"Oh, that's nice. But I kind of want to get him something more meaningful. I mean, it's been a strange, emotional 12 months." Joe said.

"Yeah, you don't have to tell me." Iris said. 

"Oh, I know, babe. I miss Eddie too." Joe said.

"How about you get Barry a really nice watch? Like Grandpa Ben gave to you." Iris said.

"That ain't a bad idea. You know, my dad only gave me this watch because I was always late." Joe says, as he looks at his watch.

"You?" Iris said. 

"Yeah...He always gave a gift with a not-so-hidden message, like this watch or the time he bought me free weights because he said I was too skinny. I told him, "When I have a son, I'm only giving him fun presents." This thing barely works. Don't know why I still wear it." Joe says, as he starts tapping on watch.

"Because it's from family." Iris says, sadly.

"You sure you're all right?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I promise." Iris said.