epilogue

HARRY' POV
__

TWO YEARS LATER
age : 23

i never thought i would get to a place in my life where i don't hate everything. the sun shines like the stories said they would. leaves crunching under my feet sound lovely. the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles makes my heart leap.

i never once thought he would be the cause either. seven years ago, i had been a hurt and confused boy and now i'm a happy and mature man. i would have never thought.

waking up to him everyday, watching him stretch an complain about all the work he has to do. i love it, not one complaint. ali though i would love it if he would wear socks to bed and bot use my legs as his furnace.

i got to watch him grow, i have the privilege to be behind him as he makes his way through life and i couldn't be happier.

"do you think liam and zayn are on their way to see his parents yet?" louis asks from his seat on the chair in front of him with his arm extended as the artist inks his skin.

i shrug, "i don't know, probably bet money liam made them stop twenty times. don't blame him." i say thoughtfully. liams parents recently reached out again after radio silence except for the odd happy birthday or merry christmas they would text him. liam had stopped their communication completely after everything had happened. so after they called and said they wanted to talk with the both of them... liam panicked.

with good reason of course, he holds so much hurt and trauma from their actions and words anyone would be hurt and shocked by a phone call.

louis nods, "i hope it all goes over well." he adds, looking down at the tattoo.

liam and zayn have been together for almost three years, and happily. the two of them live together and eloped under our noses just last year. should have heard the scream louis had on him just before he went to beat liam to death. liam... and liam had been sober for two years and counting. we couldn't be more proud. liam himself is so happy with himself, he should be.

i smile softly at him, watching the muscles around his eyes work as he squints subconsciously at the work trying to get a good look at it.

"it looks amazing, baby." i whisper softly, hoping the woman didn't hear. her raspy voice dulled to a low hum as she nods along to the music playing in the background. her natural bright red hair swaying in the rock star half shaved hair style she tied in a pony tail. her face littered with beautifully placed piercing. shockingly her skin had maybe one or two tattoos from what i can see poking out of her green kitted cardigan and white-ish floral sun dress.

the artist, whose name i found out is arizona looks up at us both with a amused grin says, "if you don't like it you're going to have to suck it up babe, it's finished." her small smile grows as she lifts louis' hand to show us the finished project.

large numbers '28' inked into his fingers glow at us in the brightly lit room.

louis and i look at each other at the same times, sharing ecstatic smiles before gushing. "oh it looks amazing." he says. this isn't the first tattoo i have accompanied louis to get. this time he was the only one getting one but normally i would have too.

"what's with the number anyway?" arizona asks, covering louis' new tattoo with ointment and rap.

his smile is large as he talks, "harold and i dug our heads out of asses and started to date on the twenty-eighth." he hits his lip in an attempt to stifle his smile. failing miserably and looking like a fond grinning idiot.