3

LOUIS' POV

the week flew by fast. being filled with assignments and late night snacks. now it's friday.

today me and niall are going to dinner. we use to do this all the time back when we were teenagers.

we haven't really spent much time together lately, because my song writing and his engineering and science school work. so we don't have much free time.

right now i'm sitting in a old diner, me and the lads use to go to when we got back from a football game and didn't want to go home to nialls moms poor attempt at Chinese food.

we use to hang out everyday back when we were sixteen and seventeen. play footie, go to parties -not like the ones in movies. half the time we sat awkwardly in the corner because we were nervous. like everyone. there were a few good ones once we got drunk-, or just walk around donny.

now we are all in university and have jobs. i live with niall. so we see each other a lot just don't hang out to much. i'm always working or playing music. while niall is always studying or working.

although we force ourselves to take a break around two to three times a week to hang with the lads.

the other three live by themselves. i don't know how they do it. i forget to buy groceries all the time. luckily niall is more responsible then i have ever been.

our flat isn't really our flat. the group comes to our house all the time. just because we have designated days when we hang out doesn't stop them from inviting themselves over or just crashing there.

like this morning i wake up and get a cup of tea to walk in the kitchen to see liam eating a full course meal with my favorite mug.

someone abruptly sits across from me picking up a menu. looking up to see a brunette man with light scruff.

i let my face break out into a smile once i take in his appearance. his hair is everywhere. probably from the hood of his jumper that he had just taken off.

the jumper is tucked in poorly out of his grey sweat pants that look to have a coffee stain on them - he doesn't like coffee but he needs the energy so he drinks it all the time - by his knee.

he is staring at the menu, by the looks of how fast his vibrant eyes are moving along the plastic i think he might be a little hungry.

i lightly kick his shin from under the table to gain his attention. he shoots his head up at the disturbance furrowing his eyebrows in confusion to why i did that. "you alright mate?"

he sets the menu down bring his hands to his face to groan. "mate you have no idea how much shit i have to do for my physics class. i want to blow my brains out." he sits back in his chair with his legs extended.

niall over works himself all the time. he takes a lot of classes so he can graduate early. plus he has his job. although it's part time it still gets stressful.

that's why i take most of our bills. he feels guilty about it, but he buys all the groceries and shit like that. it's the least i can do.

anyways, niall majoring in science and engineering takes up so much time. i couldn't imagine doing that much work. the classes he takes are incredibly hard. trust me i hear him complain about it all the time.

i nod understanding the stressful look he sporting now. "what did you have to do?" i ask afraid i'll send him into an hour long rant.

he shakes his head laughing coldly. "i have a project where i have to explain my thoughts on   Thermodynamics and write a three page essay about the topic with a model. i have a week. on top of all my other assignments. a fuckin' week. walters is out of his mind if he thinks i can do that." he puts his hands up in defense shrugging with his eyebrows raised.