ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵  ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Y/N smoothed out her white and light pink dress before she walked out of her room and made her way to the throne room. The doors to large room opened up by the two guards at the door as the princess made her way inside.

"Ah my daughter you have finally arrived,"the king stood from his throne. "I'd like you to say hello to Taehyun."

After the king spoke, the doors opened up again and in came a blonde haired boy around Y/N's age maybe a year older. He was wearing a royal uniform with the kingdoms colors, navy blue, red, and gold. He had a long sword attached to his hip.

Taehyun walked over to the king and princess before he kneeled down at the sight them.

The king smiled and told him to rise. Once Taehyun was at his feet, the king cleared his throat and spoke. "Taehyun you have served our kingdom faithfully for years and have proven your skills before me. I assign you with a task that not any ordinary knight can perform. You will be my daughter's personal guard and protect her with your life."

Y/N looked over at her father before she turned to Taehyun. He made eye contact with her for a split second before turning to the king and bowing. "I promise to protect her even with my dying breath."

The king chuckled at Taehyun and gestured for his daughter to approach him.

Y/N slowly approached him as Taehyun kneeled down and grabbed her hand. He kissed the back of her hand before standing up and letting go of her hand.

Y/N's cheeks dusted with a light pink at his action. Her hands folded in front of her as Taehyun stood up. The king sent the pair on their way.

It had been a week since Taehyun became Y/N's personal guard. The two had grown a little closer from when they first met. Y/N learned that Taehyun was a silent type. He spoke but not often.

Currently the two were sitting out in a flower field just outside the kingdom. Taehyun was keeping watch as usual as Y/N picked at the pretty flowers. Her long light blue dress sprawled out all over the field.

"These are nice,"Y/N smiled as she picked up a pink tulip.

Taehyun gazed over at her as he slowly approached her. He kneeled down to her level as Y/N looked over at him. She handed him the tulip and for the first time....

Taehyun smiled!

Y/N's smile grew seeing his. She was about to tell him how beautiful his smile was until they heard rustling in the forest nearby.

Taehyun's smile immediately dropped as he stood up and reached for his sword. He unsheathed it and aimed it at the forest.

Y/N's head perked in the direction of the forest as she stood up and dusted off her dress.

Suddenly, a rush of men came out of the forest towards them.

Y/N fell to the floor as Taehyun placed his hand beside her head. He hovered over her with his sword by his side. He glared over at the guys.

A group of about 5 men stood before the two. They had the colors of a neighboring enemy kingdom.

"We've come for the princess,"one smirked and pointed his sword at Taehyun.