"Tell me," She dodged.

"I won't act like you're the only one feeling a way. I like you, a lot, and it's unfair to keep you at arm's length while someone else is sitting in my mind as well."

"I knew you liked me," She smiled.

"Of course you knew. You read me like a book every time. Did you hear what else I said?"

"I'm trying not to let it shatter my heart right now."

I tightened my grip on her hand. "We aren't together and we never will be, but right now I'm stuck. I don't want you waiting on me."

"And if I want to?"

"Why in the world would you want to?"

"I'm an excellent waiter, you know that. You're growing closer to my family, my heart, and me. I can't not wait on you. I have to know what the future holds."

"And what if the future holds bad, heartbreaking things for you? I want you to steer clear, I don't want you to hurt at all Adi."

"Everybody hurts. I'll never know unless I try. If I end up hurt, I continue on with my life as usual with a bit of my heart leaving with you. If I end up happy, I have you and my whole heart is with you," She stared right into my eyes.

"There's so much of you, and you're reducing it all for me who's stuck on someone else."

"You're stuck on me too."

"I am."

"So I can't give up. It's just not a smart thing to do. What if you realize it's been me this entire time and I'm not even waiting for you anymore? Then we've both wasted our time knowing each other, liking each other, and missing each other for nothing."

Getting back to Onika was like surprising myself with the worst. I didn't know what had happened when I left, but when I came back, she was pissed off, sad, something. I couldn't tell, but she wasn't as happy and relaxed as I'd left her.

"What happened to no stress for you?" I came out of my shoes.

"My dumb ass husband happened."

"I told you don't go looking for something if you're not ready for it."

"I didn't go looking for nothing. Asia called me, and I don't think it was on purpose—"

"I already know."

"No you don't."

I narrowed my eyes. "Do you wanna tell me?"

"Asia called me. I don't think she meant to because I think she was sitting around with Giovanni and someone else, some other woman. So I think she knows he's cheating on me."

"What's the difference?" I asked her, sitting on the bed.

"What?"

"What's the difference between him cheating on you and you cheating on him? You're hurt, but you're doing the same thing."

"The difference is, my best friend knows and she didn't say a word. The difference is, he's in love with someone else. The difference is, he's not just there for sex. He loves her, whoever she is."

"How do you know?"

"He said it.."

I didn't know what to say to her. I knew there was a huge difference between cheating on someone for sexual pleasure, and cheating on someone for love. I could only imagine how she was feeling right now.

Before I could even get a word out, she had mounted me, pinning me down by my wrists. I didn't fight her, just let her work it out. She stared down at me and I could tell she was between fucking me and breaking down.

I slipped my wrists from up under her hands and sat up, wrapping my arms around her waist. I pulled her close and she laid her head on my shoulder. I could hear her start to cry as she laid limply in my arms.

"It's okay," I rubbed her back, under her shirt because I knew it would calm her. "I got you."

I hated that I felt like taking her husband's head off for this. She was growing closer and closer to my heart, just like Solange said, just like my father said. But I couldn't stop her. She was just coming with full force.

When her crying stopped, she raised her head off of my shoulder. I wiped the tears off of her face as she stared into me, my thumbs holding her cheeks.

I wanted to tell her, but I couldn't. I could see she still loved her husband, she just wanted to be sexed so crazy she lost her mind.

"I'm fine. When he gets back, we'll talk about it."

"You'll talk about him being in love with someone else?"

"Shh," She pushed me back just so we weren't hugged up anymore and lifted herself off of me, pushing off my underwear and pants. I didn't stop her. She pulled her thong aside and slid down onto me, resting her head back, her arms wrapped around my neck.

Her tears dropped down as she bounced slowly. I knew what this was. She was hurt, just wanted to feel alright, and I made her feel alright. After we were done, she was always relaxed, always smiling. Even if it was temporary, I knew she just wanted to feel that relaxation.

So I let her keep going. I placed my hands on her waist, helping her bounce. She wanted control so I let her have it, resting my face between her breasts. I tried not to moan but it didn't work. I felt her hot tears falling down onto me.

I kissed her between her breasts, raising my fingers to play with her nipples.

"Oh my—" She tried raising herself off, but my hands flew to her waist, holding her down. "Beyoncé," She tangled her fingers in my hair.

"Don't start something you can't finish," I let her waist go and her bouncing sped up. I let her hold me so tight until she came around me, sighing and crying all at the same time.

With one arm wrapped around her waist, I held her body closer to me, not bothering to pull out of her when I released. I wiped her tears again, and she rested her body against mine.

I didn't ask her if she was okay, but I knew she felt more at ease now. The way her body relaxed into me and her sad tears had turned into tears of pleasure, she was better now.

____________