Chapter 38

"Lauren we still having drinks tonight?" Jacob asked me as we left out of ourlast meeting of the day and heading out of the building.

"Yes and I can't wait. This week has been hell and I need a drink." I said.

"Tell me about it." He sighed.

"Oop what had happened?" I asked him.

"A lot. I'll explain later. Drinks and dinner so dress cute and leave Devin home." He said.

"I will. I'm not Kelsey or Erin." I laughed.

"Oh shade!" He said in Erin's voice causing me to laugh

"I've got to go. My mans calling me." I said feeling my phone vibrate in my hand.

"Okay bye kiss the kids, and tell Devin I said hey." He said and I nodded

"Hello." I said answering my phone as I walked through the parking lot nearing my truck.

"Hello." Devin said as I got inside.

"Hold on babe let me plug you up." I said getting in my truck

"Alright babe what's up?" I said.

"Lauren we just came from the doctors and they had said Cara is catching up with her development." Devin said excitedly.

"Oh my goodness! Really!" I yelled.

"Yes baby and I would like to say thank you. For pushing her so much and believing she could do it." He said.

"It's no problem. You know I love Cara. That's really my baby and I just want her to be the best her she could be." I stressed.

"I know. Which is why I called my mother. You, her and I are gonna have lunch together this afternoon and D is gonna watch the girls." He said.

"Baby." I warned.

"What come on." He urged.

"Your mother doesn't like me and I'm perfectly fine with that." I lied

"Well I know your really not okay with that and even if you were I wouldn't be." He said. "I'm not gonna have my family messed up especially being that we are getting married in two months." He said.

"Less than two months." I corrected.

"Pooh." He groaned.

"Hot Chocolate." I whined.

He laughed. "You know what babe. You're too much. Where do you want to meet for lunch?" He asked.

"You tricked me. I thought that we were gonna go to lunch alone." I said

"We are going alone with my mother." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Hibachi." I said.

"Now you know." He said reminding me his mother hates hibachi

"That's what I want." I said.

"She's gonna complain." He warned.

"I'll be drunk anyways." I said.

He sighed. "Baby. I need your cooperation just as much as I need hers."

"Have I not given you complete cooperation?" I asked.

"Yes but you're saying you don't care about how my mother feels. " He said.

"I'm pretty sure your mother has said stuff about me." I said

"Yes baby and I've checked her. " He said.

"Not enough if we are still having problems." I said.