Chapter 11

"Lauren you're late." Kelsey told me as I threw my work vest on.

"I know, I'm sorry. I had to dispute a grade with my professor. He told me that my paper needed more work and that's the one that took my four days to write." I explained washing my hands.

"What you get?" She asked.

"A B." I said seating my first customer.

"Hello, what would you like today?" I asked her feeling her hair.

"I'm not sure my ex is inviting me out to dinner tonight. I want to look good. I heard you're the best so I need you to make me look drop dead gorgeous." She told me.

"You're already beautiful love. I think what I'll do is something fun and flirty so I'm thinking maybe some lowlights, layer cut and curls?" I asked her.

"Yes, it sounds good. How light am I going?" She asked.

"A subtle change for your first time so I'm thinking it's a jet black let's go with a dark brown." I said.

"Okay." She said.

"Alright Pam get her a nice wash and deep condition please." I said.

I did mini consultations with each of my two other clients. One was wanting a natural up-do and the other wanting to do a silk wrap.

"Where's Erin?" I asked.

"His boo thang came and got him for lunch just before you came in." Kelsey told me.

"I'm still mad at him for screaming like that out my window." I said curling my first clients head.

"In his defense, he said from his view it looked like y'all were already kissing." Kels said.

"Well, we weren't and I have to call him." I sighed.

"You haven't spoken to him?" She asked.

"No, not since Sunday." I said.

"It's Friday!" Kels yelled to me.

"I know Kels." I said sighing.

"Well if you know then you know the guy must be going nuts you didn't call him back! The hell is wrong with you?" She asked.

"I've been busy. He knows this." I said.

"How about you text him. Now." She told me.

I sighed and nodded my head.

Lauren Joy: Hey...

Devin 'Dope Boy' Thomas: hey. Call me please.

I sighed and read the text to Kelsey.

"Call him." She urged.

"I've got a client." I said.

"Well once you're done with her." Kelsey urged. I nodded and told him to give me a few minutes. He responded back with an okay.

"How you liking it?" I asked the girl in my chair.

"I love it. Looks like I'm getting my man back." She said smiling.

I smiled back at her and led her to the front where she'd pay. After she payed I camel back and sat at my chair. Both my clients were under the dryer and Kelsey's client got her hair washed.

"Call him." She told me again. I sighed and rolled my eyes grabbing the phone.

"Hello." He said.

"Hey." I said.

"Lauren?" He asked.

"yeah, it's me." I said.

"A brother ain't getting no calls back I see." He said to me finally.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I've been busy. I'm free for a little right now. If you come to the shop I work in within the next hour we can talk." I said.

"Alright, cool. Send me the address." He said.

I hung up the phone and sent him the address. I finished the flat twist up do and the silk wrap and waited for him to show up.

I got a text telling me he was outside and I got up telling Kelsey he's here. She wished me luck and continued the hairstyle she was doing.

Once I made it outside, he was sitting in his BMW. He saw me coming and unlocked the doors. His car smelled like Black Ice Car Freshened.

"Hey." I said shifting in my seat uncomfortably.

He didn't respond with a greeting, he just turned looking at me and I can tell he's pissed. He dropped his phone into the cup holder, sliding his glasses off his face.

"So what we doing ma?" He asked.

I was shocked by his speech and tone of voice. He sounds so aggressive, hood and good at the Sametime.

"What do you mean?" I asked fidgeting a little.

"Like what dis bout to be between us because this back and forth, off and on game you playing ain't for me." He let me know.

I nodded in understanding. "It's not like I was purposely doing that to you. I just, I um got busy." I said.

"You got busy? What I tell you about that busy stuff? If you really wanted to try and make us work, like I am you'd make time. I'm pretty sure you got or had clients in their. It damn sure ain't empty. You make time for what you want to." He said.

"Look Devin, I'm not trying to hurt you. I didn't have time truly." I insisted.

"Aight Lauren." He said kind of dismissively.

I just sat in his car waiting for him to say something. Do something, but he did something I wasn't expecting, he placed his glasses on his face and unlocked the door restarting his ignition.

"So that's it? You not trying to talk?" I asked

"Nah, I'm busy." He said.

I sighed getting a little upset. "Fine then." I said shrugging my shoulders and closing his door with a little force. No sooner than I was out of his car, he sped off.

I sighed and shook my head watching him leave. Just freaking perfect.

A/N

Seems like we've got some trouble... Who y'all think was wrong in this situation? What can fix this?

25 comments for next update!