Chapyer 28

"Jacob." I said pressing the number '3' which directs me straight to his line with my freshly manicured nails.

"Yes my doll." He said coming into my office.

"Do I have any messages?" I asked not taking my eyes up off of my reports.

"For the last time Lauren,Devin hasn't called. What's wrong?" He asked.

I sighed. "I haven't spoken to him in a week in a half." I said

Two weeks ago, I went back home for Cara's party and when I came home we still did our same routine, good morning text messages, flowers sent to me twice out of the week and three phone calls at least a day. Now I haven't seen or heard from him. It's like he fell off the face of the earth.

"It's okay. He's only your friend. You'll talk to him another day." she said.

I glared at him and he looked at me with his hand on his hp.
"You know, you're my best friend and I know you, very very well and I know that you love that man. Why don't you just try and fully work it out." He said.

"I'm honestly scared."I explained. "I'm so in love with that man that if he decided he doesn't want me anymore, I don't think I'll ever be able to be with another man and the reality of that scares me."

"I get it but Lauren you got to go after what makes you happy and what you feel is best for you. If you feel that Devin is best for you, go and dive in head first because you love him." She said. "Don't let fear if the pass run your relationship." He said I nodded

"You're right. But I'm honestly confused why didn't he call me all this time?" I asked.

"Probably waiting on you to do the same thing. That or something came up. I'd go with the later he's not nearly as petty as you." he said.

"You really tried it." I glared at him.

He shrugged. "It's what I do best. Now get back to work. " He said and left to go back to his desk.

I shook my head and got back to work.

"Hello." I said picking up my cell phone while maintaining my professional voice and manor.

"Lauren you can not be still at work." Erin said.

"I am." I said

"Well I'm here in New York and I'm at your place knocking like a crazy person for you not to be here. Make your way home Lau." He said.

"I'm not self employed I can't just leave work and I have deadlines." I said.

"It's nine o'clock bitch don't throw subs." He yelled.

I laughed loudly looking over at the clock. "I didn't mean to stay this long. You got my dress?" I asked him.

"I do but I'm not giving it to you since you want to throw subs at me being my own boss and shit." He said.

"Whatever. Jeremy with you?" I asked.

"He's not, he tired so he staying at the hotel. Ask Jacob if he wants to come out" he said.

"One, you don't like Jacob, two why are you staying in a hotel?" I asked.

"Are you questioning my grown ass?" He asked.

"You right. I'll text Jacob see if he wants to come out and I'll let you know." I said.

"Alright, and hurry because I don't want to be outside your house all night." He said.

"The key is the mail box." I said.

"Oh bitvh you basic for that. Okay." He said.

I shook my head and began to finish my work. A night out with my guys will be fun and very well needed.

A/N

35 comments