Chapter 17

I felt kisses being planted on my face.

"Girlfriend wake up." I heard a voice whisper in my ear.

I smiled a little to myself, slowly raising my eye lids.

"Move." I said playfully glaring at him.

"Why babe? You don't want me to hold you?" He asked.

"No,because my breath stinks." I said covering my mouth.

"It's not that bad babe." He said.

"It is. Let me get up." I said

"Alright." He said letting me up.

"What we doing today?" I asked from the bathroom.

"I don't know. What you trying to do?" He asked.

"I don't know. I need to see my brothers and friends." I said.

"Mm okay. Well I don't want you to leave me." He told me.

"Who said I was? I'm dragging you where ever I go." I said spitting toothpaste out of my mouth.

"Is that so?" He asked.

"Mmhm." I said rinsing my mouth.

"I like that idea." He said putting his arms around my waist.

"I'm not used to this." I said

"What?" He asked.

"Waking up to someone, you being all up on me." I said. "I like it." I said.

"do you really?" He asked.

"Yup." I said. "Where's Mel this weekend?" I asked.

"She's staying with her mommy tonight. She said she wanted me to let me sleep from my trip." He answered.

"Oh okay." I said turning on the showers water. Before I had asked, he left to give me some space.

"Lau." He said knocking on the door.

"Come in, I can barely hear." I yelled.

He came in with his eyes closed.

"The shower curtain isn't see through." I said laughing.

"You right." He said and chuckled.

"Your friends. Why don't I meet them today?" He asked.

"Mm baby, I don't think that's a great idea. They are crazy. We gonna have to ease you into putting up with them." I said.

"They can't be that bad." He said.

"Erin alone would set you over edge. I can see if we can hook up dinner if you'd like?" I asked.

"Great." He said. "Let's go to the mall though. "

"You're a genius." I said. I turned the water off and grabbed my towel.

"My clothes are on the bed. Bring them please!" I asked.

"Sure thing." He said with a nod of his head.

He left out, and came back in with my clothes in hand. My outfit consisted of jeans, a camouflage vest and jeans with cute Zara sandals.

"I'm ready." I said coming out of the bathroom.

"Okay let's go. You look cute." He said.

I smiled. "Thanks so do you."

We made our ways to the car and got inside. Once we made it to the mall, we got down to shopping. When we went into Nine West shoe store, someone yelled his name.

"Devin. What's up man." A guy came up to him giving him dap.

"What's up my man." He said dapping him back.

"Nothing much what's up with you dirty d." He said.

Devin laughed.

"Man Devin in college you used to have all the hoes going crazy.!" He chuckled.

"Nah man. Nah." He said shaking his
Head.

"Nah man nah? What happened. Don't tell me dirty Dev don changed?" He said laughing. He then noticed me. "Oh you with your little sister. That's why. I'm sorry for being disrespectful baby girl." He said with a heavy southern accent.

"Nah T, this is my girlfriend Lauren, Lauren this is my line brother Travis." He said.

"Hello." I said smiling.

"Oh girl you pretty ike an AKA and thick like a delta. What you pledge?" He asked.

"Delta." I said.

"Ohh wee. I like ha man but why you go so young?" He asked Devin.

I smiled politely. "Baby I'm gonna go look at those shoes I wanted, leave you guys to catch up. Nice meeting you Travis." I said.

"Oh pleasure is all mine baby."' He said with a wink of his eye.

I walked away pissed off. What the hell is a Dirty Dev and when was he gonna tell me about it?

I sighed and walked over to the counter once the consultant got me the wedges and gladiator sandals I was looking for. I payed for the shoes and looked for Devin. He was standing outside the store laughing it up with his bestie. I rolled my eyes and made my ways towards him.

Dirty Dee my ass.

"Baby, I've got to go my mother called she needs me home." I said.

"Oh okay baby. Travis we gonna hook up later. Maybe tonight alright?" Devin said.

"Yeah man. Bye sugar foot." He said towards me winking.

I smiled politely and kept walking, headed towards the car.

"Baby wait up." Devin said. I glared at him and pulled my arm away. He sighed. I kept walking to the car and once we got inside, I slammed my door.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know you tell me Dirty Dev." I said.

He sighed. "What's wrong with that?" He asked.

"So if I had been getting to know you, and then said oh by the way, I'm not as luscious Lauren it wouldn't be a problem for you?" I asked.

"Baby calm down. You're taking this out of proportion. It's not serious." He said.

"Don't tell me it isn't that serious Devin. It is to me." I said.

"Alright, so what would you like me to do? Take allat shit I did in college back? Because I can't." He said.

"First off turn your volume down ten damn notches and second don't curse at me." I said.

"Listen baby, I'm sorry okay? I should have told you about that but I honestly didn't believe it was that serious." He said.

"Whatever Devin. Take me home." I said.

A/N

I've been M.I. A for a minute! I'm back now. I had to work on my other book Ava's World if you haven't checked it out or you aren't reading it I urge you to go check it out, it's good!

Leave some comments for me! 35 comments loves