Chapter 26

Devin's P.O.V

"What the fuck just happened?" James asked as Lauren ran into the house.

"She saw Cara." I said getting up and going towards the house.

Although I'm pretty sure Ava's feelings for me are gone, I know she's still hurt about Cara. Cara is my four year old daughter. I mean I would too if the person I told I love had a baby a year before dating me and didn't tell me anything about the baby. If it were Lauren who had the baby I'd be going through hell and high water to find out who got her pregnant, and why I didn't know about it.

"Daddy!" Cara said as she saw me pass

I stopped in my tracks at the sound of her voice.

"Hey sweetie." I said smiling and bending down to eye level with her.

"Where you go? You leave me?" She asked.

"No. I'm going to go check on my friend. She's crying." I said.

"I go with you?" She asked me.

"Cara no, stay down here and play with your friends. I'll be back. I'm not leaving I promise." I told her.

She smiled grabbing my face and kissing me. "Okay love you daddy "she said.

I smiled at her and hugged her small body. "I love you too Cara." I said. "Now go on and play daddy will be right back." I said.

"K." She said and went back into the play room.

"What happened with Lauren?" Mr. Carter asked.

"She saw Cara. I didn't say a chance to explain to her and all I want to do is talk." I said.

"I know son, and I understand but right now she's upset. Give her a day and you can speak to her for right now, that's not a good idea." He explained to me.

I nodded my head. He and Lauren have the best father daughter relationship and the closeness they have is what I would like to have with Cara. I missed out on a lot with her, her first doctors appointment, when she was born, and named. Everything so I honesty as a father want to make up for those moments

"You think she will forgive me?" I asked.

"I think it's possible. You're gonna have to give her space. She's hurt and to be honest you should have reached out to her before now and explained things to her a little at a time because now that she's home and she's dealing with a whole lot of pressure." He explained.

I nodded. "I know that the feelings she's had for me are gone but still I want to make things right. Even if that means just being her friend." I said.

"I think even friends is a far stretch right now." He said honestly.

I nodded. "I understand."

"You know what, go upstairs and check up on her. I can see that it's painful for you to go through this. But you got to tell her everything. Everything." He said

"Yes sir." I said. mr. Carter was privy to the whole situation.

"Pray for me because I'm gonna need it." I said.

"You got it." He chuckled and patted
my back.

Lauren's POV

I laid in my bed, completely humiliated. Why the fuvk did I just go outside and say that to him? Why the hell aren't I over him?

It's been three years, three whole years and I'm still in love with him. 1,096 days, 1,576, 800 minutes and 94,670,778 seconds and I'm still not over him. We didn't even kiss but the connection we had was great. He went slow with me and he was gentle.