Chapter 18

The ride home was long and silent, and I could tell by his movements he was upset.

He parked right infront of my house and locked the doors. I tried opening the door, and unlocking it on my side but I couldn't. Child's lock!

"You ain't going no place Lauren so quit fidgeting and talk to me. " he said his southern accent coming out.

"Ain't nothing wrong Dirty Dee. I'm tryna go in the house" I said.

"Ma, I know your parents are in Italy. Quit playing and talk to meh." He said.

"When you start going back to Devin,
I'll think about it." I said.

He sighed and shook his head. "Why you got to be so stubborn huh? Making if hard for me. All I'm tryna do is show you some love and you just too freaking stubborn to believe any man gonna treat you right." He said.

"Don't raise your voice at me Devin." I said.

"So talk to me Lauren." He sighed.

"Fine, I'm upset with you because we've been talking for a minute now and you not once mentioned your past to me. Do you know how embarrassing it is for me to hear that from someone else and not even from you?"
I asked.

"I get where you coming from Lauren but I was young and dumb. I ain't know no better and it's a part of my life that has no meaning to me now. Why bring it up?" He asked.

I sighed. "I get what you saying but I still would have liked to been told ." I said.

"You're absolutely right, but you got to handle stuff better. Like did you ever stop to think that if you'd ask me I would have told you?" He Asked.

"No, and that's my fault.i overreacted." I said.

He nodded. "I get where you coming from. You don't want to be played out and hurt but if that was my intent, I
wouldn't be trying to talk to you and fix our problems." He said. "If I didn't truly care about you and want to be with you I wouldn't be period. " he said

"I get it." I said fiddling with my fingers.

"You better get it, and the next time you call yourself shutting me out I'm putting ya over this knee." He said.

I laughed. "Okay. Just next time tell me stuff."I said

"I will." He said. "I'll even start with the whole dirty dee thing."
He said.

"I don't want to hear it right now. Maybe later." I said.

He laughed. "Okay, but just know I'm not that dude no more and
I'm not going back to being him."

"Well then, I'm glad." I said.

My phone began to ring.

"Who dat?" He asked.

"Erin." I said.

"Put em on that speaker phone." He said.

"You sure?" I asked. "Erin can be aittle much." I said.

"Erin can't be that bad just put him on the speaker phone." He said.

"If you insist." I said.

"Hello." I said answering the phone.

"Lau Pooh? Where we going to eat?" He asked.

"I don't know. Why?" I asked.

"Because bitvh I'm bringing my clothes over and I need to know if I should be snatched!" He said causing Devins eyes to widen.

"I feel like being really cute tonight. Dinner and then this lounge?" I asked.

"Yeah. That's cool." He said

"You bringing J." I asked.

"Yes, I'm bringing my man. I can't wait to meet yours. I'mma tell him to get all up in them guts!"He said laughing.

"Stop Erin. Everybody ain't your hoeing self." I said laughing.

"Oh bitvh are throwing shots! Are shots being fired? Pow Pow Pewm Pewm? You only still a Virgin because you ain't never been in a relationship. You'd be doing splits on it just like me and Kelsey."
He said.

"You're too inappropriate for me. Bye be here in an hour." I said.

"Okay Lau Pooh." He said.

I hung up the phone and looked at him.

"He seems... Nice" he said.

I laughed. "Is that so?"

"Yeah. He's um a bit much." He said.

I laughed nodding my head. "He is but I love my Erin." I said.

"I know all you talk about is Erin and Kels." He chuckled.

"I know, they are like the sisters I never had!" I said causing him to laugh.

"Let's get inside to get dressed I have a feeling Erin is prompt." He said.

"He is." I nodded and told him a little bit more about Erin.

I've got to work on my insecurities and how I handle myself in certain situations.

A/N

I've been neglectful to this story. So I updated again. Let me know how y'all feel!

35 comments for next update!

Finding Joyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें