Chapter 31

"Good Morning!" I said as I came downstairs in my parents house.

It's been four months since I officially moved home from new yokel and five months since Devin and I engaged. We decided that we'd love separately until we were married. My parents and Devin along with his mother came to this conclusion, however it didn't stop us from having sex.

The whole sex thing was my idea because one night, when myself and my sisters in law along with my best friends had a night in, they talked about sex and Asia explained that the night of her wedding she cried because it was so painful. Apparently my brother is girthy and it wasn't an all pleasurable experience. I do not want that so, the next night I spoke to Devin about it and of course he was totally against it being the gentleman he is and it took a while of convincing to get him to do it but we got the job done. I'm glad I did it before my wedding and I'm also glad I did it with the man that I love and who loves me.

"Good Morning Mrs.Thomas." My mom said smiling.

"A few more months." I said smiling.

"Don't remind me." My father said. "Why can't y'all just move in here?" He asked.

"They'll be newlyweds. Do you really want to hear all of what will be going on?" My mom asked causing my father to spit out his coffee.

"Isn't that what a honeymoon is for? To get all of that out of your system?" He asked my mother.

"Did it get it out of yours?" She asked causing him to smirk.

He looked her over and smirked smacking her behind. "Nope. Still hasn't." He said.

I smiled and laughed. Although that was completely disgusting and let me know a little bit too much it made me smile, my parents have been married for almost thirty years, and they are still madly in love with each other. That's exactly what I want.

"Speaking of sex, Lauren have you and Devin done that yet?" Jackson asked causing me to cut my eye at him.

"Mind your business."I told him.

"That's a no." James said.

"No, it's a mind your business. I don't ask you if you and your wife have sex." I said.

"Because that's my wife." He said.

"You leave your sister alone. It is none of your business and it's better for me to think that my daughter is till very afraid of the male anatomy." My father said noticing one of the kids coming into the kitchen.

"Alright y'all. We got to go." I said.

"For what?" Chris whined.

"Chris you forgot?" I asked.

"Obviously of I'm asking why." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Dress shopping today." I said.

"Ohh what kind of dress you want?" He asked me.

"That's the thing. I don't know. I want something like princess like but I also want something sexy." I said

"How can a princess be sexy?" My brother asked.

"Shut up, she wants sexy princess and she will get just that." My daddy said causing me to smile.

"Thank you daddy." I said.

"You're welcome baby. We will get going in a bit." My daddy said.

I nodded. "Okay. I'm going to get my bag. I'll be right back!" I said.

I made my way back upstairs and I went to get my purse.

"Hello." I said answering my cell phone.