Chapter 16

"Hello." I said getting dressed.

"Im outside." Devin said.

"I'm not dressed." I said.

"Tonight we just going to chill baby." Devin said.

I smiled at the name he called me. It's been about a month since we started to casually dating and everything has been going good. We've of course had our moments but overall it think we're in a great place. He's been doing this pet name thing lately, and I honestly haven't minded.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes, but if you'd like to go somewhere then that's fine." He told me.

"No, that's fine. I'll be down in a minute." I said hanging up. I looked over the all yellow strapless maxi dress I'm in, deciding it would do along with a pair of sandals and my moto jacket.

I left out, turning off all the lights and setting the alarm system. My parents are gone to Italy for my mother'a birthday, so I've been pretty much in the house by myself, except for when Kels and Erin come to stay the night.

"Hey." I said smiling hardly at Devin, he was waiting, standing up on his car.

"Hey beautiful." He said hugging me. "I missed you."

I sighed. "I missed you too. "Devin has been gone away for business for two weeks. He said he didn't want to tell me what he was away for other than business, we talked on ghe phone or FaceTime at least three times a day and also text messaged.

"We just gonna chill tonight, but you look beautiful." He said holding me close to him.

"Do I?" I asked smiling.

"You don't even know." He said leading me towards the passenger side door and opening it.

He ordered chinese food, and we picked up Ice Cream and a few movies.

"Can you stay the night?" He asked as we walked through the aisles in the grocery store.

"Would you like me to?" I asked for the first time surprising him.

Every chance he got, he's tried to make me stay the night with him. I've always given him a no, but I think that it wouldn't be so bad if I slept over. It's late and I don't want to stay home alone.

"I'd love if you'd stay the night." He said smiling.

"Okay, then I'll stay." I said.

"Good." He said kissing my cheek, as we walked down another aisle picking up soda for us.

Once we got to his place, after going back to mine to pick me up some clothes, we went right upstairs to his bedroom.

"I hate eating in bed." I said laying up under him.

"Why?" He said scrunching up his nose.

"Because I'm super messy." I answered.

"I feel you on that one." He said putting some rice into his mouth.

"Hit me." I said opening my mouth he spooned the rice and fed it to me.

"Gimme some shrimp." He said.

"No, you do this everytime we eat!"
I said laughing

"I do what?" He asked.

"Order something and then eat mine."
I pouted.

"I'm sorry, you just make it look so good. Gimme a little." He said.

I sighed and put a piece of broccoli and shrimp on the fork.

"Hm." I said as he chewed. "Is it good?"
I asked.

"Yeah, it taste fresh." He said nodding his head and kissing my cheek.

"You always stealing kisses." I said as he put the spoon with General Tso Chicken.

"You like it though." He said grinning.

I smiled and nodded my head. "True." I said.

His phone began to ring and I passed it to him, his eyes lit up quickly and he answered grinning.

"Hello." He said sounding ultra baritone.

"Nothing, laying down with my girlfriend." He said making my eyes widen. I quickly looked around the bed making sure it was just him and I laying down. I'm his girlfriend?

"Really?" He asked.

"That's a great opportunity. Thank you for that, let me know when the training starts and I'll try and be there." He said.

"Okay, well you enjoy your night Mr. Westenberg." He said before hanging up.

I looked up at him. "What was that about?" I asked nosily.

"Your father is a miracle worker. I've been trying to get more connects, and this program is really good with that. You of course have to get recommended as some future or present powerhouse lawyers, I got referred by four different people. My dad's friend was just on the phone relaying the good news he got about that." He said.

"That's great! Congratulations."
I said to him, knowing he'd been talking about this. He has big dreams and in order to get where he wants to go and do what he wants to do, he will need lots of supporters. I know one of these camps can offer that to him.

"Thank you. I wish I could call your pops right now I'm so excited about this." He said.

"When will it be?" I asked

"In a month, for the rest of summer." He told me.

I smiled, "that's great, I'm proud of you." I said.

"Thank you. " He said munching on the shrimp I put in his mouth.

"Mmhm. You're welcome." I said.

"I know you heard what I said on the phone, about you being my girl." He said.

"Yeah, I did." I said.

"So what do you think about becoming my girlfriend?" He asked.

I looked up at him, looking to see if he was serious. "You're serious." I said.

"Very." He said nodding his head.

I smiled and nodded my head. "I'd love to be your girlfriend." I said.

"Well, in that case, you ready to give us a try? I mean full throttle, holding hands meeting the fam and finally your friends. Everything. " He said

"I'd love to be, yes." I said

"Good. Girlfriend" He said pecking the corner of my mouth.

I smiled brightly at him. playing with his chin hairs we spent the rest of the night in pajamas, talking and laughing.

I've got a boyfriend.

A/N

30 comments!