Chapter 36

"Trevor." I called

"What's up bro? I ain't seen you in a long time. " he said dapping me up.

"Yeah I know. I've been laying low. Remember when I got you off that case?" I asked.

"Yeah man. I owe you a whole lot." He said

"Well let me cash one of them favors in. I need you to find a Taylor Hall." I said.

"Taylor Hall. Okay."

Trevor has a lot of connects around the city and runs a private investigation company. He can tap into just about any and everything you could think about and a few years ago, he was in some trouble with his past catching up to him. I got him off when he was about to serve twenty for being an accessory to murder. He's one of the very few criminals I keep in touch with because I know he genuinely has a good heart.

"Alright, what you need on her?" He asked me.

"Any and everything you can find. Especially an address have your guys follow her." I said.

"Alright. Is she in town?" He asked.

"Yes. I got her phone number." I said.

"Alright I should be able to track her give me about an half hour and I'll have something for you." He said and I nodded deciding on calling Lauren.

"Baby." She said answering the phone.

"Yeah you home?" I asked her.

"Yes." She said. "I figured out how she knew where the kids school was." She said.

"Really. How?" I asked her.

"The girls school pictures. I just walked into the house with the bags and it's the first thing you see." She said.

"You're right." I sighed. "How are the girls? Especially Cara?" I asked her.

"The girls are good they took showers already and are doing homework. Cara invited your mom and brother over for dinner. She's really excited to read the book to you all are you gonna be home in time?" She asked.

"I'll try my best. What time is dinner?" I asked.

"About Seven." She said.

"It's four fifteen. I should be home. I'm making no promises Lauren." I said.

"Alright babe. I love you." She aid.

"I love you too. Let me go." I said.

"Alright." She said and hung up.

"I got the address." He said. "This is where she is currently. It seems like her relatives house." He said.

"Thanks T. I'll come check you later alright?" I said.

"No doubt bro. Be careful." He said and with that I left out.

I'm gonna find her and I'm gonna let her know this big stupid ass stunt she pulled ain't gonna fly.

Lauren's POV

"Mommy!" Cara yelled.

"I thought you'd only call me mommy when we were in school?" I said.

"You no like when I call you that?" She asked me.

"No. I love it." I said smiling.

"I want you be my mommy." She said.

I nodded. "I am your mommy." I said hugging her.

She smiled and kissed my cheek. "I love you mommy."

"I love you too Amore what did you need help with?" I asked her.

"English. I do right?" She asked.

I looked down at her worksheeton the use of I, we and me.

"Yeah. You did a great job. Didn't you have a spelling test today?" I asked her.

"Yes. Me got one wrong. I so upset" she pouted.

"Really? What word?" I asked her

"Another." She rolled her eyes. "Dad and me study." She said.

"Daddy and I baby girl and it's okay. You still got a good grade." I said.

"Yeah." She said. I turned to see Melanie coming into the room.

"How about you my Melly Mel. How was school!" I asked her.

"It was good except I didn't do good on my math test." She said.

"The multiplication?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I got a C. I was so upset I cried." She said.

"Aww I'm so sorry Mels. How about you let Uncle Dee Dee help. He's good at math." I said.

"Okay. When he get home." She nodded.

"Where daddy?" Cara asked.

"Um daddy had to work late." I said.

"But it's Thursday." Mels said.

"What does that mean?" I asked her.

"Uncle Dee Dee and I go see mommy every Thursday. " she said.

"Okay, uncle dee dee should be home in a little while." I said.

"No we have to leave so we can see her at the same time." She said.

"How about you, me and Cara go?" I asked.

"No! No! I need uncle dee dee she won't come see me tonight if I go with you. We have to go!" She yelled crying causing Cara to get scared.

"Cara go to your room and put your backpack up let me talk to Mels." I said.

She nodded and ran towards the steps. I sat down holding Mels hand.

"She not gonna come see me no more if I don't come! Uncle Dee Dee needs to come home and take me!" She cried.

"Okay sweetie okay. I'm gonna call uncle Devin just calm down okay?" I said.

"I need to see my mommy." She said hugging me as she cried.

I nodded rubbing her back soothingly. "Okay baby. Okay you're gonna see your mommy I promise." I said kissing her head.

"I just wanna see my mommy." She cried.

"I know Melanie. I know." I said.

"Hello." I said as Devin answered his phone.

Mels cried loudly blubbering.

"Baby I'm busy." He sighed.

"It's stuff way more important at home." I said.

"What!" He yelled I could tell he was aggravated.

"It's Thursday babe." I said annoyed.

"Oh shit. I'm on my way." He said.

"Okay. Make it quick she's crying hard babe." I said.

"I know. I'm gonna call you baby have her outside so we can be on time ." He said.

"Alright." I said and hung up.

"Uncle Dee Dee left work. He's on his way." I said whipping her tears.

"Okay." She nodded sniffling.

A/N

Hey y'all!

30 comments