Chapter 25

"You have a baby?" I asked pissed.

"Yeah, I do." He said looking at me.

I shook my head and nodded. "Congratulations." I said.

Could I really be mad? I mean she's a baby so I cant be mad. It's not like he had a baby while we were together so it's whatever.

"Thank you." He said and put his head down.

The tension was thick in the game. I'm
Upset but do I really have the right to be? No because I was his girlfriend for a few months, a year and he'd had a baby after we broke up. Hey, people move fast. I moved fast in my career and he moved fastly into a woman to create a baby. It's just what he wanted though, a child, an heir.

"Bam." I said throwing down the last of my hand.

"You suck at this game Devin" Ty growled as I completed my ninth book.

"I'm done with y'all. I got to go inside and talk to some people about Kels dress. Later." I said picking up my phone and going back towards the house

I came up to my room, still everything where I placed it and I smiled I sighed thinking of all the long talks and face time dates I had with Devin over the span of time i knew him as a biyfriend.

I went into my suitcase, looking through for something to wear. I pulled out a navy blue chiffon maxi dress and gold sandals.

I got into the shower and sighed. My feelings I can't lie are hurt. A baby? A whole child he had. Secretly, I thought that we both would wait, and come home and maybe get together. But he has a baby, probably a girlfriend too since I didn't see a wedding band on his finger.

My feelings are honestly all kinds of mixed up. I can honestly say I'm feeling a bit of it all. Anger, Grief and complete shock. Should I really feel this way? Is it my place at all?

"Lauren! Joy!" Kelsey called out to me.

"In the bathroom." I yelled as the water ran down my body.

She came in, and sat down. "So you seen Devin." She said.

"Yeah. I did." I said

"And what you think." She asked me.

"What do you mean what do I think?" I asked her washing the soap off of my body.

"You know, like do you feel any old flame or spark?" She asked as I got out of the shower.

"To be honest, I never got over Devin. He has gotten sexier with age but he has a daughter." I said shrugging while towel drying myself

"So all that time you were in New York there was no one else?" She asked.

"Yeah. There were a few guys but nothing lasted long. I ran into many weirdos." I said putting on my underclothes

She laughed. "I bet."

"Mmhm. But I called the girl. She said that she'll make the dress for a fee. Consider it part of your wedding gift." I said changing the subject.

"No Lauren. You aren't paying for my dress." She said shaking her head.

"I am, and you're gonna be happy with it. My best girl friend only gets married one time. The dress isn't that much but I want t give you this." I said as I motioned myself.

"You forgot my gift didn't you?"she asked.

"Actually I didn't but this is just another one." I said.

"You're the best ever." She said hugging me.

"I know now draw out what you want. She's flying out tonight to sow the dress. Friday night it should be done but you have to have that design. Ready so she can get the material and get done." I said