Chapter 31

(Continuation Chapter 29)

"Hey Blasty, long time no see."

"(Y/N)-"

Hearing him say her name made her heart skip a beat. She didn't realize how much she'd missed his voice until she heard it again and she wanted him to speak more but he didn't. Seeing him again made her remember how much she had fallen for the boy.

"Should we look after Eri so you two can talk?"

The staring contest between the two classmates got interrupted when Aizawa called. Bakugou hadn't even noticed the presence of their teacher and Shinsou besides her. Eri was quietly standing behind her, holding onto the older girl's jacket while nibbling on the apple candy.

"Ah, yes please. We'll meet you up back at the dorms okay?"

She lowered herself down to Eri and asked her if she was okay with that and she nodded after having her promise they would meet up again at the dorms as she had said.

"All right, but don't stay out too late."

Aizawa nodded and pat Eri on the head when she walked over to the two males and took a hold of the hand Shinsou was reaching out to her.

"Thank you! I promise we'll be back in time!"

While this was taking place Bakugou had not moved from his spot, nor had he adverted his eyes from her. He looked as if he was scared that if he would blink that she would disappear again.

"C'mon let's get somewhere more private first."

She instinctively took a hold of his hand as she lead him through the crowd to somewhere behind the school where they would have some more privacy and silence.

When Bakugou looked down at the hand she was holding he saw how their burn marks perfectly puzzled together. She let go of his hand when they reached the spot. His attention got pulled away from their hands and he looked up. Seeing her stand in front of him again, he was finally convinced that it was really her.

"Sorry, it took me while to escape as it was harder than I imagined-"

Her sentence got interrupted by the sudden pressure of his body. His arms wrapped around her tightly and his spiky but soft hair tickled her cheek as his head rested on her shoulder. Not only did her words get stuck in her throat but so did her breath.

"No I'm the one who should apologize! I shouldn't have left you there! I should've come back! I should've saved you!"

Her arms wrapped around him and clenched onto the back of his orange shirt. She couldn't help but smile at the boy's explosion of emotion. He felt guilty for not being able to save her while he himself safely managed to escape. He was worried what she might have gone through while being captured because of him. But more than anything he was glad to have her in his arms and he realized just how much he'd missed her.

He'd only hugged her like this when they found out Midoriya had passed away. He comforted her when she started panicking about it. But this time it felt even more reassuring and protective. This time it was Bakugou who needed it the most.

"Don't worry, they didn't hurt me. I'm smart and strong did you forget? I managed to fool the League into believing I joined them and they wanted me to become their spy. When they trusted me enough and let me in the field, I went straight to Aizawa and told him everything. I had Shinsou use his Quirk on me to verify that I was speaking the truth. I even managed to sneak Eri out along with me so it all worked out even better than I'd hoped so there's no reason for you to blame yourself okay?"

"Are you okay?"

His voice was shaky and not much louder than a whisper. Hearing him sniff confirmed that he was crying and the tears that she was holding back finally released themselves too. She knew that it didn't matter how much she'd try to reassure him, he'd still be blaming himself and worry about what happened.

"I am. Are you?"

He thought that he'd always been okay, always great. This was the time he realized he hadn't been. He's never truly been okay, there was always something to bug his mind. Until he was with her. Whenever he was with her he was more than okay. With her was when he truly felt great.

"I am."

He didn't let go of her just yet but she didn't mind. They stood there for a few more minutes, entangled in each others arms. Neither sure who's heart they were hearing but it was calming nevertheless. For the first time in a month the tension on their bodies melted away in the others comfort.

---

"My girl!"

"(Y/N)!"

"Aizawa!"

"You're back!"

"Chica!"

Tears filled her eyes again when everyone jumped up from the couch in the common room and flew towards her. Mina was the first to attack her in a hug, crying the biggest tears. Kirishima and Kaminari quickly followed, tears also visible in the corners of their eyes.

"Oh god!"

"We missed you so much!"

"Are you okay?"

She reassured her friends she was alright and explained the same she'd told Bakugou about her escape. The ash blonde stood a bit behind her, hands in his pockets and just watching his classmates. It was clearly visible how the group had become one again now that the missing piece had returned.

The three pulled back from the girl when Sero complained that he wanted to hug her too and the others also agreed to that. Though the first one that came through the crowd and hugged her before he could even make a move was Todoroki.

"Did he hurt you?"

He whispered only for her to hear and she shook her head while hugging him back. The class could only stare in surprise at the display of emotions of the usually aloof boy.

"No he didn't, but we have to talk later."

"Okay, I'm glad you're back (Y/N)."

"I missed you too Icyhot."

The boy released his hold on her and made brief eye contact, as if checking that she was really there and it wasn't just an illusion. He didn't get the chance to say more as Jirou, Sero and Aoyama were hugging her now.

Many hugs later and after everyone welcomed her back they all went to sit back on the couch. Mina didn't let go of her arm and stayed by her side even when Shinsou noted her on it.

"She's my best friend before she's yours!"

She stuck her tongue out at him and it made Eri whom he was holding in his lap chuckle and Aizawa besides them simply watched, totally channeling the father energy, happy to see his daughter safe and reunited with his other kids.

"Welcome back, (Y/N)."