Chapter 10

"Don't let him touch you, his Quirk is copy!"

"Just don't drop me Shorty and I'll fucking kill that damn annoying extra!"

The game had just started but many groups had targeted them, which had given Monoma's team the opportunity to slip in and snatch Bakugou's headband, though they weren't successful as she had been able to use her Air Bullet just in time to hit his arm away.

"Awe c'mon couldn't you let me take it? I mean you're a celebrity already, mind lending us some spotlight too? The victim of that Sludge Villain incident. I'll have to ask you sometime, how does it feel to get attacked by Villains on an annual basis?"

The blonde laughed like a Cheshire cat and his teasing was succeeding into getting Bakugou irritated to the maximum.

"Aizawa, Kirishima, plan's changed, before we go for that Half 'n Half-Bastard, I've gotta murder every last one of them!"

"Calm down, Bakugou, if you don't keep your cool we'll never get our points back."

"Keep moving Kiri, can't you see he's as cool as ice?"

"You too (Y/N)?!"

Surprisingly it didn't take them too long to defeat their opponent. Because of her warning they were cautious to not get too close to Monoma and attack from a safe distance.

Bakugou blinded them with an explosion, Mina made them slip on acid, Kirishima bulldozed through them while their balance was off and she used One For All Air Bullets to keep wandering hands away and take the headbands the copycat was carrying.

Excitement was visible on their faces when they realized their teamwork had been successful without planning it beforehand. Though their celebration couldn't last long when the headband on Bakugou's forehead got snatched away by a group who'd raced passed them in a blink of an eye.

"Bastard! I'll fucking kill you!"

Midnight's voice was heard over the speakers with the announcement that there were only five minutes left. This meant they had to recover their points quickly or they wouldn't even make it to the next round.

"Damn Icyhot,... Bakugou-"

"Don't order me around Shorty!"

And with that the boy jumped up as if his team members were a trampoline. Once in the sky he send out his biggest explosion towards the other group, which was easily deflected by Todoroki's ice.

The three musketeers that were left behind ran forwards, barely catching Bakugou when he fell back down. He didn't give them a chance to recover as he did the same thing over again.

"Dude, stop we won't be able to catch you next time!"

"You landed on my fricking elbow!"

While the red and pink head complained, the blonde got into a steadier position on top of them and the fourth girl now noticed what he had done. He had forced Todoroki to use his ice in the way that he wanted to deflect his huge explosions. He had created a wall of ice which caused their fighting ring to become smaller, that way Iida couldn't run all over the place like he had done before.

The Baku-squad exchanged glances and a nod when everyone understood what should happen next. In the next moment, they ran forward, trying to take the others head on. There was only a minute left.

"Die!"

Iida's recipero was at its limit from where he raced to snatch their points and from dodging Bakugou's earlier explosions. Kaminari had turned partly dumb already and Yaoyorozu was covering up for him too to carry Todoroki.