Grief

Angst
Requested by @XSimply_AestheticX
AU where Akaza dies when fighting Rengoku
In flashbacks or when somebody is remembering something that involves Akaza speaking the text for him will look like this

Third Person POV

Flashback

"I'll be back soon," the pinkette reassured his fellow uppermoons but unsettling feeling was still in the pit of Douma's stomach wouldn't go away.Not longer after Akaza left the Infinty Fortess the blond followed after to him,wanting to talk to him in private before he leaves.

"Akaza!I-I need *pant* to talk *pant* to y-you," The much taller male panted and gasped for air as he spoke so his sentence was in parts.The striped demon turned to the higher rank,being confused why he hadn't just talked to him with the others around."What is it?"He didn't sound angry but more sympathetic towards the older demon,once he looked to yellow eyed demon he noticed a smile,it looked like it was a...sad smile?"I-I have a bad feeling,I don't know w-why!" Douma put his hands in his hair and started tugging,"Oi,hurting yourself won't get rid of that feeling dumbass," The younger demon laughed lightly.It felt weird to see him smiling but it was nice.

Suddenly Douma wrapped his arms around the smaller male,crying silently as he gripped the magenta haori that the other wore."D-Don't g-go pl-please," he felt weak as the other demon hugged him back,his legs giving in so he fell to his knees while silently sobbing."I have to go,I'll be back I promise," Akaza held the blond's face in his hands as he wiped away his tears with the same sympathetic smile.Even with him promising that he would return it did nothing to ease the feeling his chest, "B-But wh-what if you d-don't?!W-What if y-you get c-caught o-or-" Douma was cut off by Akaza,trying again to reassure him."I'll be fine,I will return back safely," The pinkette caressed the blond's cheek as he continued to smile.Suddenly the blond's lips where pressed against the pinkette's,hoping that it would try and convince him to stay.Unfortunately for Douma his attempt was futile,"As much as I would love to stay with you I to go,I love you Douma and I'll be back soon," those were the last words that the blond heard from the demon he loved so much,happy that he did love him back but sad he has to go.

Walking him walk away made that unsettling feeling reappear.

End of flashback

"CAW!CAW!Upper moon 3,Akaza,dead!" The words from the crow shattered Douma's heart,the blond immediately started crying while he stared at the floor,gripping his bedsheets harder. "N-No,NO!H-HE C-CAN'T BE DEAD!" He pulled his legs to his chest and entangled his hands in his hair,Kokushibo was walking by and heard the blond shout in denial of his crush's death.The six eyed demon walked in and saw the other demon weeping at the news,"Douma..are you...ok?" It was a stupid question which only frustrated the upper rank.

"ALRIGHT?!DO I FUCKING LOOK ALRIGHT TO YOU?!AKAZA IS DEAD!"

Kokushibo was taken aback by the rainbow eyed male's out burst after all he wasn't one to get mad or shout unless he was trying to get somebody's attention from afar.The empty pit had returned back in the blond's heart,one that had only been filled by Akaza and Kotoha,more of the pinkette than the female ravenette. "He said he loved me and I didn't even get to say it back because he left!" Douma continued to weep while pulled his hair,Kokushibo watching him fall into despair.Soon the taller male left.

"Get it down your throat puss!" Douma stared at the unopened beer on his night stand and the pinkette's words rang through his head,remembering all the times he would drink with Akaza."You aren't that bad,it's nice drink with you!" All of the memories he had with the striped demon came flooding back into his head,it all over whelmed him and hit him like a brick.

Douma was beyond repair.

No longer talking to anyone.

He didn't smile.

He showed no more emotion.

Douma was broken and the only one that could fix him was dead.

————————————————————————
I'm not even sorry

Anyways bye!

-Sleepy_C0z