Dresses (thirty-seven)

"Are you alright, Arwyn?" Orion asked with a small frown. 

"I'm not too sure anymore, Orion." She told him truthfully as she let out a small huff, standing from the desk. 

"Well, if the Royal Doctor needs anything, let me know." He sent a wink her way as he stood by her. 

"Thank you." Arwyn said with a smile as she left the library. To be honest, she never really asked what it was he did at the palace. He was just always around. It never seemed to occur to her to ask him what he does. Making a mental note to ask him later, she headed to the Queen's room. 

"You wanted to see me?" Arwyn asked as she knocked and opened the door to the Queen's room. 

"Ah, Arwyn! Yes. Let us pick our outfits for this evening. Both of us having to peak the interest of men." Amiah said with a grin. 

"Both of us?"

"After our little chat, it made me think that perhaps sending my love away like that wasn't the best idea. I must gather his attention back on me."

"Amiah, everyone's attention will be on you regardless of what you look like, his included." Arwyn told her with a firm nod. 

"Not with you by my side, you out do me by a mile. You're an absolute beauty. I can understand why the Devil can't resist you." The Queen gave her a wink before looking toward the dresses she had gathered in her room. "Now, pick."

What is with everyone and winking at her today? First, Orion, now the Queen. Who's next? King Octavius? 

However, one dress in particular caught her eye. She took it off the hanging rack and held it out for inspection. 

"Ah, that was one of my favourites as well. But it will suit you far better than me." The Queen said with a smile before shoving the dress further into Arwyn's arms and hurried her off behind a divider to get changed. 

It was a very form fitting dress. Rather tight around the bust, waist and hips before it flowed down loosely. But it was comfortable. It was a gold material with crystal studs over the top and the straps, fading off down the skirt. It had a very low cut, showing off Arwyn's perfect cleavage. Around the waist, in the middle of the dress, it was somewhat clear, being able to see her skin through the material. A very long split in the skirt up to her midthigh on the left side of her body. It was a perfect dress. Slowly, she stepped out from behind the divider with a shy smile. 

Amiah dropped everything as she gaped at Arwyn. 

"My God! You look..." The Queen was lost for words as she gawked at the woman. "You look sexy." She said, giving her another wink before she composed herself and picked out a dress to wear for the evening. 

"Your Majesty, all these compliments, too generous." Arwyn mused with a grin as she moved to sit on a chair in the room. 

"Also, I told King Octavius to accompany you to the party." The Queen said from behind the divider as she got dressed. 

"Why would you do that?"

"To make your Devil jealous, of course." 

"I don't want Octavius to get the wrong idea..." 

"Well, if the Devil doesn't have any feelings toward you, you can surely move on with King Octavius. He is a charming and very attractive man." 

The Queen stepped out from behind the divider. She was dressed in a long, tight, black dress. It made her figure look amazing. She was genuinely perfect as she stood there. Big, bright, purple eyes. Long, gorgeous, black hair. Her light-brown skin was flawless. No marks, nothing. Arwyn felt boring and plain as she looked at the woman. 

"Octavius is attractive but he isn't... He isn't Marcellus." Arwyn whispered with a small frown. 

"It seems you're attracted to the complicated type, Arwyn. Go for someone nice, charming and easy like King Octavius. It'll save you all the heartache." The Queen told her as she walked toward her. "Makeup time."