Insecure (fourteen)

"Why did you leave last night?" Arwyn asked suddenly, her hand slipping out of his. She felt almost... insecure. A feeling she rarely had. But the way he looked at her, like what she had just asked him was the toughest question he'd ever have to face. Marcellus tilted his head side to side, closing his eyes as if searching for the answer within his mind. She turned away from him and let out a small sigh. "Forget I asked." The woman said, walking off in a completely random direction. Hoping whatever she had come here for would guide her toward where she needed to go.

"Arwyn, wait." Marcellus called out, his footsteps quickly following hers before he tugged on her hand to make her stop. "I left because you didn't say anything." The words were rushed, as if he was worried that she'd walk off again. "And I was afraid that I had done something unforgivable?" He sounded almost unsure of what he was saying. Arwyn just raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, severely unconvinced.

"It was just a kiss." She scoffed out. She was putting on a tough act because well, as much as she would hate to admit it, she'd had never shared such a thing with anyone. In her mid to late twenties and never had a kiss until last night. It was almost... sad.

The emotion on Marcellus' face quickly changed from regret to that of a challenging expression. "Just a kiss?" Arwyn shrugged one shoulder, looking away from him. "So... You wouldn't mind if I," he paused, his fingers curling underneath her chin again, bringing her face closer to his as he stepped forward. Lips almost touching once again. "...did it again?" His piercing, blue eyes staring directly into her bright, green ones.

As if finding the answer within her eyes, his lips met hers eagerly. His hand slipped to the back of her neck and his other arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her flush against him. His lips moved needily, hungrily against hers. Her hands clutching at his chest. His heartbeat under her touch was surprisingly quick. One of her hands sliding up to the side of his neck. But alas, he pulled away. Both breathing equally heavy as their foreheads rested against each other's. Silence loomed over them as they caught their breaths.

Marcellus leaned back too far and the two were back on the ground. Arwyn landed on top of him, her hands pressed against his chest as she gazed down at the man. A small giggle escaping her. 

"I love that sound." He had only heard her giggle twice and now, he made it his sole duty to hear it more often. Then again, his lips made contact with hers. This time, the kiss was more passionate, more ravenous. Moving in sync with each other's lips. Her hands slid into his thick, black hair. His arms wrapped around her, once again pulling her flush against his body. The kiss lasted a few seconds longer than the last.

The two finally parted and Arwyn stared down at the beautiful man. He looked as if he wanted to say something. She ran her hand along his chest, arching her eyebrow as if coaxing him to say what he wanted. She watched as her fingers danced along his chest, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"This is not the right time, nor the right place. But I..." Marcellus' gaze trailed down, observing all the parts they touched. A small groan erupting from the back of his throat. His eyes daringly meeting hers again as he bit down on his lower lip. That one simple act. Her mind raced with all sorts of ideas. Running wild with everything that he could be thinking of as he gazed so intently at her. What could he be thinking about?

"I want it all. I want you... Oh, how I'd love to ravish you."