Regret (twelve)

Marcellus arched his brow at her. Ah, she was 'making things up to him' for saving her life. But she really didn't want to touch him. What if she went too far down and touched... She shivered a little. She hoped that wouldn't happen. Nervously, her hand went into the water and slowly touched the side of his body. With the way his body reacted, it was clear he hadn't felt the touch of another person in a while. His face said enough, however. He had not been treated in a way like this in god knows how long. Or if ever.

Steadily, Arwyn started to clean where he had been stabbed. The water turning the faintest of pinks. She ran her hand over his muscles. The way they felt under her touch. Hard and tense. She wanted nothing more than to make the man relax again. But she dared not go any further as she retracted her hand with a sigh.

"All clean." She mumbled, looking down at his face. His eyes were closed as he leaned against her. He was indeed enjoying this, she could easily tell by the small, innocent smile on his face. A smile she hadn't seen on him before. It was usually a charming, or devilish grin. Instinctively, her hand ran through his hair once again. Her finger tips moving along his scalp, massaging away all the stress that he had. The tension in his body almost immediately leaving him. A satisfied hum left him before one of his gorgeous blue eyes opened up and peered up at her. He was incredibly perfect. Everything about him made her just want to melt.

"Your turn." Marcellus said excitedly, lifting his head up a little to sit up properly.

"I can do that myself." Arwyn said, an awkward and shy smile overcoming her face. But he insisted and turned toward her. With delicate fingers, he caressed her cheek, washing the blood from the cut off. His hand then slowly rubbed over her neck before he paused, staring at her. The water only turned a little darker of pink.

She had been looking in every other direction except at him, knowing full well her face was on fire. But noticing he had stopped, she stole a glance at him. His eyes weren't fixed on hers, instead they were directed toward her lips. She noticed the same look he had when they were at the ball, right after they finished their dance.

His hand slipped to the back of her neck, his lips smashing against her own. Their lips moved perfectly against each other's. It was a heated and short kiss. A stupid giddy smile rested on Arwyn's face when they finally parted. Marcellus getting awfully carried away, placed a few lingering kisses on her cheek, to her neck. Though, the giddy feeling of it all quickly faded when he pulled away and turned away from her, as if controlling himself. Was this not what he wanted? Was she not what he wanted? She didn't know what to do so she stood up and got out of the bath, grabbing her robe and leaving the room. 

Everything remained in silence as Arwyn had gotten dressed and went back to getting dinner ready. The feeling of his lips on hers, on her skin, still vivid in her mind. It just kept on replaying in her head. Over and over again. Eventually, Marcellus had come out of the room, fully dressed. His hair still damp from the bath. A sorrowful look on his handsome features. She could easily see it in his eyes as he looked at her briefly, that he regretted what he had done. She wanted to speak out and tell him that it was okay. Ah, but before she could even utter a single word to him, he left. Marcellus walked right out the door and left the small cottage, leaving her behind.