Attraction (eight)

"I don't want to risk being caught." Arwyn told him, rubbing her arm slowly. There were many, many guards, eyeing the party for any suspicious activity.

"Then don't do anything to attract unwanted attention." Marcellus told her. It made sense. With the mask on, no one would be able to recognise her. A small shrug eventually took over her shoulders as she debated her options.

"Just for a little while..." She mumbled. Almost instantly, Marcellus beamed with excitement and took her hand.

"There is this room that I have been dying to go to!" He said, pulling her along and out of the ballroom. After walking into many, many wrong rooms, he eventually found it and walked inside.

Much to Arwyn's surprise, Marcellus had picked a room that... did not suit his personality whatsoever. The room was bright and filled with an absolutely happy atmosphere. It was filled with all sorts of desserts; cupcakes, cakes, brownies, biscuits. Everything. 

"Do you have a sweet tooth?" She asked him as he lead her into the room. 

"Ah, no. I only came here because I thought you would enjoy it." He admitted with a grin. 

"You thought I would enjoy this room?" She looked around it. People were enjoying the desserts, laughing, chatting. "I do love a good sweet. But... There was a room we passed by before that I would love even more." Though, before she left, she grabbed two cookies. One for her and one for him. 

She retraced their steps, before finding the room she had wanted to try. Many different tables were set up for all kinds of games. Poker, Blackjack, Roulette, so many different games. 

"I think I just grew even more attracted to you." Marcellus whispered into her ear as she walked right over to the poker table. Arwyn just gave him a small smirk before she took a spot at the table. 

"Are you both playing or just...her?" The dealer asked, looking toward Marcellus. 

"I'm just here to watch mi' lady play." Marcellus said, cracking another grin. This was really the only way Arwyn knew how to gain gold. Her poker face was exceptional. And by the time she was done, she had grown a couple hundred gold richer. 

"Now what?" The woman asked, turning toward Marcellus. But the man had disappeared. Feeling somewhat bothered by the fact that he just left her there, Arwyn left the room. He wasn't in the hallway. She searched a few rooms before deciding to give up. So much for that. Where could he possibly have gone? 

She stopped in the hallway, looking over the beautiful design that decorated the walls. Swirls of different colours and patterns. It was amazing. 

"Ah, you're the woman from earlier." The same pale, ugly man stood behind her as she slowly turned to look at him. "Chamberlain Elric." He said his name like she should have known it. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Arwyn told him with a smile. "Sorry about earlier... We just wanted to be away from people." She lied, her smile never faltering. 

"Perfectly acceptable. These balls can be... Overwhelming." He said, eyes sparkling with some ugly emotion. She just simply nodded at his words, unsure of what to say. "Ah, if you'll excuse me." He left without another word, sliding through the crowd easily and out of her sight. 

What an odd man. Arwyn decided to head home. It seemed Marcellus had just left without telling her anything. Perhaps he went back to her cottage? Highly unlikely but she hoped. She hoped he hadn't of just left her. To never see her again. It would be an odd thing to do. Dress her up, treat her like royalty and then just... disappear. Leaving her in a party that she was most definitely not accustomed to. Letting out a sigh, she slowly started to make her way down the hallway once again.