Masquerade (five)

The two did a little browsing, eating and chatting with fellow locals of the town. 

"We're going to sneak into the palace." Marcellus told her casually as they walked along the path, passing by many, many people. "But first," he looked Arwyn up and down, looking off as if he was deep in thought. "Need a disguise."

The man grabbed her hand and took her along the road in a hurried stride. Arwyn could barely keep up with him, her breathing racing when they finally stopped.

"Give me a warning next time." She panted, fanning herself with her hand as she looked up at the shop. It was nothing. There were no signs on the front of the building.

Oddly enough, Marcellus whispered some words under his breath. Arwyn couldn't understand him as much as she strained her ears to listen. He pushed open the door gracefully. The shop was a...tailor? Or possibly a mix between a tailor and a dressmaker. Suits, dresses, jackets, all kinds of clothing were spread about the room. From the outside, this building looked basic and empty? But it was a... shop? How has she never seen this building before?

"Don't look so surprised. I'm a man of many mysteries." Marcellus spoke out with a prideful grin. Arwyn rolled her eyes and moved away from him, looking around the shop. "Pick whatever you like. We're going to the palace after all. We have to fit in."

"How are we going to get into the palace?" Arwyn asked, turning to look at Marcellus with a frown. "They know my face." The male grinned devilishly at her with a wink before turning back toward the tailor who was helping him with a suit. "Unbelievable." The woman muttered under her breath as she looked around.

A chipper woman approached her. Beautifully dressed in a blue, lacey long dress. Blonde, straight hair with caramel eyes. "I'm Marthy. Your companion over there told me to help you look for a dress." She smiled softly at Arwyn, who returned the smile before looking toward a dress. "Excellent choice." Marthy spoke out as she raced over toward it, pulling it down from where it was presented. Arwyn didn't exactly tell her that, that was the dress she intended on trying. But it was here now. 

Arwyn ran her hand over the material. Something she had never felt before. A fine material. It was soft and lavish. Silky, almost. The colour was brilliant as well. A dark red. Maroon. Something Arwyn would never have thought she'd be wearing.

"Go on. Go try it on." Marthy told her, leading Arwyn over toward a changing area, pulling back a curtain. Arwyn stepped behind the curtain and pulled it closed, the dress still in hand. "OH! And with these." The woman handed her a pair of silver heels to match the dress.

"There's no way this will suit me." The woman mumbled to herself as she began to undress and slowly step inside the glamourous dress. "Marthy? I need help doing it up!" Arwyn called out, only for the woman to pull the curtain back and come inside, closing it once again. Quickly, she did the lace up very tightly. Arwyn could barely breath as she nodded, slipping the heels on also.

The dark red dress fit her curvy body perfectly. A long v-neck finishing on the middle of her sternum, showing her cleavage magnificently. There was a split in the right side of the skirt of the dress, showing her long legs as the dress flowed down just before hitting the ground.

Marthy pulled the curtain back, revealing a very handsome man who was awaiting the beauty behind the curtain to emerge. Arwyn didn't dare to move as her gaze met with Marcellus'. The man in front of her was breathtaking. The suit he picked out for himself was absolutely perfect. The two outfits matched each other almost too well. White undershirt, a black vest with a fancy, silver design on it and a dark red jacket to match with Arwyn's dress. As well as his formal, black, long pants and shiny new boots. His hair no longer in that messy heap. It was slicked back, neat and looking absolutely perfect. Just like the rest of him. 

"There is a ball happening at the palace." Marcellus mentioned as he stepped closer to the woman, pulling two masks from behind him. "Mi' lady." He said, holding up a mask that matched the dress completely. The mask was silver with a floral design above the eyes and only on the left side of the mask, there were a few dark red feathers. He fastened the mask onto her face with a grin. 

"Perfect."