Incredible (thirty-four)

"Is there any other way?" Arwyn asked, all the hope she had within her hanging on every word she had spoken.

Marcellus tilted his head side to side as if mulling something over in his head. "Do you remember how Orion sent you to Thahgyn's realm?"

Arwyn nodded her head. "How could I forget? That was pretty incredible."

"Not as incredible as you." He murmured before he let a smile brighten his gorgeous face. "I guess, you could do the same thing but... to my realm." He looked hesitant as he moved his gaze away from hers. "I don't think it's a good idea, though."

"Why not?"

"It's not... It's not a good place, Arwyn."

"I don't care where we are, as long as we're together, Marcellus."

"Do you understand what I am? Who I am?" He suddenly looked so frustrated. Mad, even. Why was he so mad all of a sudden?

"You're the Devil, Marcellus. I know that." Arwyn scoffed as she pulled away from him.

The lose of contact made him sober up almost immediately. He moved to pull her against him again, giving her sad, puppy eyes.

"I'm sorry, Arwyn..." He kissed her shoulder blade. "I'm not a good person. And my realm just proves how bad I am."

"I'm not scared of you, Marcellus." She whispered to him, turning in his arms to gaze at him.

"I know you're not and that's what I love about you most." He bit down on his tongue, closing his eyes.

Her eyes went wide as she stared at him. She blinked a few times. "Oh, no. You said it. The 'L' word."

"I didn't say I love you. I just said I love one aspect about you." Marcellus let out a small sigh.

Arwyn was sent into a giggle fest, but turned into full blown laughter. "I knew it." She murmured, biting down on her lip to try and stop herself from laughing even more. "What's next? I become the Goddess of Death." She joked, another laugh escaping her.

He let out a small chuckle as he watched her before he stared off into the distance, tilting his head to the side. "Well..."

"I was joking."

"No, I mean, it's not impossible..."

"I was joking, Marcellus!"

"It would save me from going back and forth between realms..."

"Oh, my God. Are you listening to me?"

"Yes, I can hear you, Arwyn. But I'm just saying... It would save me a lot of trouble."

"What? Me, becoming the Goddess of the Underworld? Doesn't that mean I have to, like, die?"

"What?"

"Do I have to die?"

Confusion was as evident as day on his face as he stared at her. His head still tilted to the side, eyebrows furrowed slightly, a small frown evident on his perfect lips. He was adorable.

"No, you don't have to die, Arwyn. You just have to... I guess, in a way... Marry me."

"Marry you?!" She jumped up and out of the bed, away from him.

"It's like a soul bonding, sort of. It's like marriage but, literally, for eternity."

"Eternity?! What if you get sick of me? And soul bonding? What the fuck does that even mean?!"

"Shhh, Arwyn." He sat up and slowly moved his way to the edge of the bed. "Forget I said anything."

"I can't just," she threw her hands up in the air in disbelief as she started to pace.

"Come here." He grabbed her hand and pulled her toward him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her to him, his head resting on her chest.

She wrapped her arms around his head, since he was still sitting on the bed and she was standing between his legs.

"You can't just spring that on someone, Marcellus." She whispered with a small sigh.

"I know." He kissed the middle of her chest softly as he looked up at her with a small frown. "I was joking." He added, a small grin slowly appearing over his face.

"Let's take a bath." Arwyn told him with a smile as she pulled away from him and took his hand in hers, leading him to a door in her room that joined to her private bathing room.