chapter forty-six

Start from the beginning

I got out a granola bar and sat down on a stool. I started to answer emails on my phone.

"Who gave the kids sugar?" Kayla yelled.

I grimace and open up the sliding doors and go outside. I call Shaylee and sit down on the swing set dad built for the kids.

"Did they call off the wedding?" She asked.

I sigh, "No, the jeweler is coming in a few hours. We have to have this big engagement party too and act like we're totally in love. I can't fucking stand him."

"Well sit down then." She mumbled.

I glare at the phone, "I'm two seconds away from hanging up."

"Wait, don't! I'm just now pulling up to your parents house, why the hell are these gates so scary?" She mumbled.

I hear her roll down the window, "Give the guard your phone, i'll tell them to let you in." I say.

I tell the guard to let her in and I hear her press on the glass petal, "Jesus fucking christ. Your cars are fast for no fucking reason." She mumbled.

I get off the swing and go back into the house. "Sage, did you give the kids sugar?" Camilla asked.

I shook my head no, "I was outside talking on the phone."

I go to the door and open the door, Shaylee stood there with a smile. "Dude your fucking bathtub at your penthouse is fucking amazing." She said and gave me a tight hug.

I breathed in her sweet vanilla scent and sighed. She rubbed my back up and down, "It'll be okay Sage, at least I won't have to worry as much about you getting killed."

"Yeah I guess." I mumble into her big afro.

I pulled back and she kissed my cheek. She grabbed my hands and kissed my knuckles. She smiled at me and I smiled back and gave her another hug.

"Where would I be without you." I whisper.

"Probably in Egypt still." She mumbled. I rolled my eyes and pulled away from her. She laughed and nudged my shoulder.

"I'm just teasing." She mumbled.

She pushed my curls out of my eyes, "Your hair looks longer," She mumbled.

"Really? My hair doesn't really grow that fast." I say.

"Uh yes it does, i'm jealous. Maybe it's because of the Italian in you, Italian's are hairy." I laughed at her comment.

"Let me introduce you to everyone, they probably don't remember you." I say.

I walk to the living room and introduce her to everyone. Jabari comes up to her, "Hi! My name is Jabari! You can call me Jb! You look like my Auntie Sage! Your dress is pretty, you're pretty! Do you have any candy?!"

Maybe I shouldn't have given them sugar.

Ace picked him up, "You already had too much sugar, come on let's go wash your stick hands."

Fredrico came up to us, he held out his hand. "Fredrico Ferrari." He stated. Shaylee put her hand in his, "Shaylee Brown."

Instead of Fredrico shaking her hand he bent down and kissed her knuckles. I rolled my eyes and slapped his hand away, "She's off limits for you, you're a whore." I mumble.