chapter forty-four

Start from the beginning

"By the way," She slapped me in my forehead.

"What the fuck was that for?" I ask.

"My boyfriend and I broke up because you said the wrong name! We weren't that serious, but still! I told you not to name anyone when i'm on the phone!"

"It's not my fault you're a whore and I can't keep up." I mumble.

"That is the problem, you can't keep up! And i'm not a whore. I just try different things." She said.

"Oh my god, this one man came into my job and he was so fine. He came in for an interview, I hope he gets the job." She said.

"I was looking at his application—"

"Oh god." I mumble and shake my head.

"He checked off single, so I may have a chance." She said. I slowly drifted off as she ranted about all of her crushes this week.

"I see you called me at two in the morning

"I see you called me at two in the morning. What's going on?" Niya asked and put her clipboard in her lap.

I played with the stress play dough and crossed my legs. Niya new about the mafia, her and Enzo are actually friends.

"I caught and tortured Killian." I say.

"And how did you feel after torturing him?" She asked.

"I felt . . ." I licked my lips and sighed.

"I feel angry, really angry. I feel like I have to scream. I want to scream until my throat is sore. I feel like I want to cry until my head aches so bad I can't even see straight. I want to curl into a ball and hide underneath the covers until everything around me goes silent. I want to run and try to catch Alexei and Victor. I need to catch them, maybe then i'll finally be at peace with myself. I want them to feel what I felt for the last four years. I want them to feel like what's it's like to be beaten until you feel like your lungs are about to collapse on you. I want them to feel every little thing I ever felt, what I had to endure when I was with them. I want them to feel how it feels to pass out from blood loss and the pain I felt between my thighs everyday that I woke up. I feel like no matter what I do, even if I kill them that they'll always haunt me." I wipe my tears and try to control my breathing.

Niya noticed this and started to do breathing exercises with me. After I calmed down a took a sip of water from my water bottle and sighed.

"I'm proud of you. You finally recognized your emotions on your own." She said and wrote something down.

"Is there anything else you would like to get off your chest?" She asked. I shook my head no.

"What about your eating? Are you improving there?" She asked.

"I try to refrain myself from looking at the calories, but I can't. I can't help it, but i'm trying. I do try to eat, but I just feel so sick after." I say.