011. ꕥ Brother

Začať od začiatku

"Tried to kill Jasper too." Octavia added, with Jaspers surprised murmurs in the background.

I was scolding the Blake siblings in my mind at this point. They, out of everyone, should've gotten why I was trying to stop this. I didn't want to see my brother get hurt, and the only other siblings I knew were not doing anything to help me keep my sibling safe. They both should've known that I didn't want anything to happen to John and if Clarke keeps pushing... He's guaranteed to get hurt.

John shifted his gaze from Octavia to me, now with soft eyes. Walking up to me, he said quietly, "Jo, I swear to god I didn't do this. You have to believe me."

"I do." I told him, with tears threatening to spill from my eyes. The whole crowd watched our interaction, but I didn't even care.

Walking away from me, he started yelling to said, crowd. Getting louder and louder with each word he spoke. "Come on this is ridiculous. I don't have to answer to you." He pointed at Clarke. "I don't have to answer to anyone!"

"Come again?" Bellamy was quick to reply to John's statement.

This caused John to stop walking around and look at Bellamy with disbelief in his eyes. He thought that Bellamy would see that he didn't do it, but boy was he wrong.

John walked up to Bellamy and did the same thing he did with me, saying quietly to him, "Bellamy, look, I'm telling you, man. I didn't do this."

"They found his fingers on the ground with your knife."

"Is this the kind of society we want?" Clarke asked the crowd. "You say there should be no rules. Does that mean that we can kill each other without punishment?"

"I already told you. I didn't kill anyone." John said in a defensive tone.

"I say we float him." The same kid that got peed on by John earlier said.

I didn't think it was possible, but my heart dropped more, and it started to beat faster. After hearing the cheers from the crowd, I realized something. They want to kill my brother.

My face turned to fury, with more tears threatening to spill. "No! No! We are not killing him! He didn't do anything!" I put a tight grip on my brother's arm. I'm afraid that if I let go, something terrible will happen.

Clarke turned to the kid who suggested the horrible idea. "That's not what I'm saying."

"Why not? He deserves to float. It's justice." The kid countered.

"Revenge is justice!"

"It's justice. Float him!" The kid was now getting the whole camp to chant 'float him'.

My breathing became heavy, and my knees became weak. Still holding a tight grip on John's arm, I leaned up to him. "You have to go. You have to run! They'll kill you!"

I reluctantly let go of John's arm as he ran past everyone when some kid tripped him causing him to fall on the ground.

Then, all hell broke loose at the Dropship.

All the kids started to kick, punch and go after John keeping him on the ground.

"STOP! STOP!" I screamed as loud as I could. I couldn't make it to John because of all the kids in my way."YOU'RE HURTING HIM! STOP! GET OUT OF MY WAY!" I yelled, but nobody was paying attention to me. I somehow ended up with a fist in my face, and I stumbled back a little.

"Get off of me!" I heard John yell. At least he's still alive, but I don't know for how long.

People kept punching and kicking, and it all turned into a blur. Kids were now holding John down to allow someone to put a gag around his mouth and tie together his hands behind his back.