070. ꕥ Navigator

Who knew one tiny piece of paper could change so much about someone's life. I surely didn't, but I do now. I stared down at the piece of paper in my hand, reading it a thousand times over. By this point, I had memorized every word. I knew it probably wasn't healthy to reread my brother's goodbye, but I still did. I made the decision to torture myself every time I picked up this note.

I read the last bit of the note again. I love you so much. You're the best twin sister I could ever ask for. May we meet again.

-J.M

P.S. Bellamy loves you. He really does, so just let him, okay?

I'd been trying to divert my thoughts away from the note as much as possible. But when Abby talked to me about it, it brought the urge to read it again, and that's what I'd been doing.

I sat all alone in the tech room. Raven had left to get some well-needed and well-deserved rest. I was here to operate the radio in case Bellamy needed anything. It has been approximately two hours and thirty... six minutes since he called last — but who's counting. I was just sitting here waiting for three hours to come and Bellamy to check in.

Lucky for me, I didn't have to wait for three hours.

"Raven."

It was the sound of Bellamy's voice that had me moving so fast to the radio that when I picked it up, I almost dropped it. I pressed the button down and spoke into it. "Bellamy, it's me. What do you need?" My voice was frantic, mostly because Bellamy's was.

"The guards are storming the dorm again. I need to get to their armory and get their gear to go in with them and give Jasper a weapon."
Bellamy huffed.

My eyes were on the drawn map in front of me. "How are you going to do that?

"You have to get me to the armory." Said Bellamy.

"M — me?" I stuttered before speaking in a sheepish voice. "How am I supposed to do that?"

"Use Raven's map. Direct me through the vents. You can do this." Bellamy assured.

"Let me go get Raven—"

Bellamy cut me off, his tone louder than I think he meant. "There's no time. I need to get with the guards before they storm the dorm."

"Okay, I can do this." I breathed out as I stood up with the radio in hand and walked in front of the map. "Tell me exactly where you are."

And so, Bellamy did. I got to work on figuring out how to get Bellamy to the armory as quickly as possible. I held a pen in my hand, following where Bellamy was heading. I thought we were doing a pretty damn good job. I told Bellamy which turns to take and which turns to not, told him to avoid specific pathways that would lead him to his death. It was good. And before either of us knew it, I successfully got Bellamy to the Mount Weather armory.

I lifted the radio to my mouth. "Are you there?"

"Yeah." Bellamy replied. "No one's in here."

"Good." I nodded, even knowing that Bellamy couldn't see it. "Get in and out. Don't be there longer than you have to. You should probably get something small and easy for Jasper to conceal. Like a handgun. Make sure it's loaded too, or it won't do any good."

My face scrunched when I could tell Bellamy was smiling when he replied. "Copy that."

"Oh!" The thought about Octavia being in Tondc crossed my mind. I wanted to tell Bellamy so badly. He deserves to know that Clarke lied to him about Octavia's whereabouts. I knew if it were John, even if it might distract me, I'd want to know if my sibling was in danger.